“A wonderful stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gornji Zvecaj
Dallas, Texas
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Zeleni Kit is a lovely hotel. Comfortable rooms, most with views of the Mreznica river. In July, the water is cool to swim in on sunny days. A great location for travel by car to Rijeka, and The Plitvicka Jazeera national park. Both must see. The best beach in Rijeka is Ploce. Beach chairs cost ~100kn for the day and wort it if you prefer shade. About a 1.5 hour drive. Similar drive to the park...also quite easy. Both best for full day visits if possible. Finally, Ivan (owner's son, and quite helpful) has a colleague that operates a rafting company. My 15 year old daughter and I took the long trip a couple of hours, and had a wonderful time. They provided transportation, wet suites (water was cold but I'm from Texas and it wasn't a problem at at in July!), and guides. It was beautiful and costs 200kn/person. Be sure to either take a lunch with you, or eat before leaving. Take water to drink, a change of clothes, towels, and sunscreen. Breakfast at the hotel was perfect and my daughter and I enjoyed it. I would definitely return...and hope to.
The rooms are air conditioned but with the windows/patio doors open the breeze is so cool in the evening and early morning we didn't even use it.

Room Tip: It's on the Mreznica River. There's a dock from which you can swim if you wish. Water'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lmc1273

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I nice family owned hotel that is located in a peaceful place where you can really relax away from the city life and can bond with nature. Swimming at the waterfall is the best thing to do there, especially when you’re out with your friends. This is a family and friends place to hang out in. The ambiance of serenity and peacefulness it offers is one of a kind. You can hardly find this kind of accommodation anywhere else. Everything else is so modern, here you can really say you’re on a vacation, especially when you’re out and savoring the natural sounds of animals and flowing water. This hotel is a special must-visit in Croatia.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I didn’t expect my trip with some cousins in Croatia to be a camping trip in the middle of the woods. Don’t get me wrong but I was initially looking forward to a series of parties and some fun night life when I signed up for the vacation. I had no regrets though on our stay at the Zeleni Kut because the less technology we had to look at every minute, the more we got to actually talk and bond with one another. The cabin hotel is such a nice place to stay in when you want to just not think of anything else in the city and unwind. For sure the extra amount of negativity will be gone with only a weekend at the Zeleni Kut. I love the view because I took some awesome shots for my photography portfolio.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We spent two nights at the Zeleni Kut, and while there are a few things to recommend it, there are also some knocks on it. On the positive side, the location is very quiet and peaceful, as it's essentially in the middle of nowhere. The Mrežnica river runs out back and you can see a small waterfall from the hotel, including from some of the rooms. The rooms are spacious by European standards, and the common areas of the hotel are pretty well kept. On the downside, our bathroom had a raw sewage stink emanating from somewhere, though it wasn't obvious from where. Also, despite the notice in the room that you should leave towels on the floor to have them replaced, our dirty towels that were left on the bathroom floor were merely re-hung rather than replaced. The restaurant has some large windows with nice views of the river, but the food is average at best.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I spent a few days recently in this beautiful family owned hotel on Mrežnica river. I can't praise enough the stuff and the food. Everyone at Zeleni Kut are incredibly welcoming, knowledgeable and good fun. The nature is amazing! At night they turn on the lights on the waterfall in front of the hotel so you can go for a night swimm, incredible! Really good time! Can't wait to come again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ivana R
Valpovo, Croatia
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed 3days. Wonderfull stuff and exceptionall food. Accomodation is satisfactory but that's not primary. Nature,waterfalls in yard and fresh air from nearby wood is TOP!
Right place 4 family with kids. Relax and peace after city rush

• Stayed July 2013
Essex
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My 12 year old daughter and I spent a wonderful week at Zeleni Kut in Aug 2012. It has a superb location being right on the River Mrežnica and when we weren't out kayaking or canoeing with our Huck Finn guide, we were swimming and diving in the river, just by the hotel. Our room was perfect with a balcony overlooking the river. We had a great shower in the bathroom and a useful fridge in the room. The room was clean and bright and the beds comfy. The food was nice and plentiful and the staff polite and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. We had such a fab time that we did not want to leave and can't wait to go back. I can thoroughly recommend a stay at Zeleni Kut.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
#42 of 58 in Zagreb
Mreznica House - Restaurant DP
Mreznica House - Restaurant DP
#1 of 1 in Gornji Zvecaj

Been to Zeleni Kut? Share your experiences!