Dodleston Manor
Travelocity
US$82
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$91
US$80
US$119
ABode Chester(Chester)
US$117
  • Restaurant
US$86
HIExpress.com
Roomzzz Chester City(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Oddfellows(Chester)
US$137
  • Restaurant
Edgar House(Chester)
US$290
Orbitz.com
All reviewsextra toastspecial weekendbed was very comfortableone nighton arrivalnext morningrachelsherrysuitekettlechestercerealaccommodationcuckoo
Reviewed 28 April 2018

My wife and I had the pleasure of a two night stay here as we were in Wrexham for the Wales Comic Con. The accommodation is midway between chester and wrexham (around 10 minutes each way) We chose to head into Chester both nights to eat but could have easily eaten in one of many pubs and restaurants that are on the doorstep.

From the moment you turn onto the drive the property looks fantastic and has an awful lot of character. Rachel gave us a very friendly welcome upon arrival and showed us our room. Again no faults here, my wife was brought up on a farm so having a room with a view of the long driveway at the front and the cowsheds at the back she really was in her oils!
I spend a lot of time staying away with work and am often very restless through the first night or two but I have to say this was the comfiest bed i've ever slept in outside of my own, i went out like a light both nights and had to be woken by my wife in the mornings. This is unheard of and really is testament to how comfortable and relaxed our stay was.
Breakfast again absolutely faultless.
We will absolutely look to stay here again and have already recommended it to friends.

Thank you for a very enjoyable and relaxing stay!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Rachel J, Owner at Dodleston Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it makes me so happy when guests have enjoyed their stay. I'm looking forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

I do appreciate you taking your time to write the review, thanks again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Would like to write something positive but for the price it is very expensive , the windows had mould on and it was very dark outside the room.
It's not AA rated anymore either, OK for the weekend but not for business as no restaurants near by.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Rachel J, Owner at Dodleston Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Stephen, I'm so sorry you were unhappy with your stay last week. There are numerous restaurants within a 5 minute drive, which I'm sure we spoke about on arrival, however my memory can fail me although I do remember you well because of the muffins!!!

You mentioned it was dark outside your room, there is a light switch directly outside your door for a light above the door, apologies if this wasn't obvious.

With old listed houses, mouldy windows are a huge problem, I try to keep on top of them but obviously not on this occasion.

We have decided not to renew with the AA as we didn't get any business through them, but try to keep to the standards but obviously didn't on this occasion.

Apologies again that you felt you stay was only a 2 star, I'm so disappointed with this for you.

But thank you again for the muffins, they were delicious.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Dodleston Manor for one night in December as a birthday treat for my partner. We loved the room and the owner Rachel went out of her way to commit to my request of balloons and wine. Wonderful breakfast included the next day and a real homely stay. Would definitely stay again if we were in the area. Thank you for making it a special weekend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Well and truly deserves a visit, on arrival a friendly welcome out of this world accommodation even a nice glass of sherry as a welcome gift. Our first visit here but for the price and value for money probably not the last.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great place for a weekend break with lovely owners who go out of there way to meet your demands and help you to enjoy a lovely weekend away...Beautiful clean rooms and the farm is in a perfect and beautiful setting, breakfast was lovely.... was well worth the money we paid and we look forward to our return sometime.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple