All reviews close to the airport weekend stay cleaned daily microwave oven within walking distance coffee maker hotel shuttle front desk staff shuttle service upon check every morning gpo guam fi internet renovation housekeeping
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed here last April for 1 week, and I lost my black pants costs more than $ 200. I checked everything that probably left in my room before I leave. Moreover, there was any chance of bringing out that pants. I clearly remember the staff working there said my pants look nice, which makes more suspicious. That pants was my favorite!!. I'm writing here to let people know this happening. Cheap price costs something.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Trisha_Chen
Reviewed 17 March 2010

As other reviews state, this hotel really needs to be remodeled. The property is very dated, but it appears that management is doing the best they can with it. I would only stay here before/after flights from the Guam airport, since it's cheap, close, and has WiFi. There's a sign in the shower about the poor water pressure, and how it's a problem for the entire island. The water pressure is equivalent to someone showering you with an eye dropper.

Unlike the condition of the hotel itself, the staff are exceptional! The complimentary airport shuttle was early both times we used it, and the drivers were very friendly. The front desk staff were very efficient and also very friendly. The staff seem to be in a great mood and very happy to help you with anything.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2009

It is a Days Inn at the airport in Guam. It is not the Hilton, but then again you are not paying over $300 a night. You are next to the airport which is a 5 minute free shuttle drive away. Room was hot when I arrived, but the A/C cooled it down in under 3 minutes. Front desk and shuttle staff are very friendly. McDonalds a short walk away. FREE AND FAST WIFI. You get a good value here if you are a transit or 2 night guest. No frills (except you are off the plane and in a room in less than 10 minutes), but a good facility for a good price.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn Guam Airport South for 2 days in April. I'll just get straight to the point with this hotel: Rooms: Old and a bit shabby, but however clean. The rooms could use a major touch up. The patio is nice to have, it just faces the parking lot and someone's backyard. The patio furniture is very old and dirty, some of the chairs were broken and the patio floor was very gross with mossy mold on it, need to where your shoes. At night you'll see lots of cars pulling in and out of the hotel meeting others as if shady dealings going on. Lot's of loitering throughout the hotel inside and outside. Children running around in the elevator and parking lot barefooted. The Hotel is very close to a store to buy things and a McDonald's within walking distance. There is a restaurant on site, the food is very good but with limited hours. Service: The hotel staff is very nice and friendly. The hotel shuttle pick me up quickly after calling. They always greet you and say hello, and there very helpful. I would probably would stay at this hotel again, due to the price was very good for a budget hotel and its close to the airport. I might however look at something elsewhere if the price is good.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darcy2008
Reviewed 21 April 2009

A trip from Cairns, Australia to Manila, Philippines was interrupted by a stopover both ways in Guam for 14 hours. Unfortunately the Continental Airlines flight lands in Guam at an ungodly hour of 4:30am. The first stopover was a stay awake episode where I took a taxi from the airport toTumon Bay. First thing to remember is that Guam taxi's are very expensive, this short journey cost $US 24. There wasn't much going on at 5:-- am so after a disgusting McDonald's coffee I crashed on the beach for a while. Unfortunately a kamikaze motorised sand rake operator was driving me crazy, seemingly targeting everywhere I lay'd my towel . Still, I was able to get a sort of sleep briefly and faced the day at 9:00 am.
Guam is best described as Japan meets America. The place might run on the greenback, but also runs on tourist yen. I used the trolley shopping buses as a cheap tourist drive around the best of American capitalism. After purveying Guam's finest shopping malls I hanged on the beach till sunset. Then another $20 to get back to the airport and on my way.

Round 2. Again I arrived in Guam at 4:30 am. This time I decided to spend the last $100 US of my foreign exchange on a hotel. I caught a taxi from the airport to Day's Inn, around 2 km away in Tamuning . The cost of taxi - $13.60. I should of taken their free shuttle. They had a queens size single bed room for $67. Checkout was 3:00PM but the night porter was not fussed that I was leaving at 6:00PM.
I walked back to the International Airport and it took less than 15 minutes. If you are walking to Day's Inn from the airport turn left at the airport and walking 1 km to the traffic lights. Turn left, go past McDonalds and turn right into the next side street. Day's Inn is around 50 metres down the road. So remember left, left, right from the airport and you can avoid high taxi charges.
Cheers.