“Comprehensive outfitter with great customer service”

In Your Element Scotland
Book In Advance
More Info
US$71.68*
and up
Early Morning Canoe Safari
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kirkhill
More attraction details
Owner description: In Your Element is a mobile outdoor adventure activity company offering amazing outdoor adventures across Scotland, with bases in Inverness, Aviemore and at Loch Lomond (previously known as Boots N Paddles). We offer a range of outdoor experience for families, stag/ hen groups, corporate or charity groups including canoeing, gorge walking, archery, aerial adventure courses and much more. We're the largest canoe and kayak hire operator in Scotland, with a large fleet of boats available for individuals, small groups and adventure events. With a flexible shuttle service and comprehensive outfitting service we should be your first port of call.
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comprehensive outfitter with great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We rented gear from Boots N Paddles to canoe the Great Glen Way in August 2013. It was a thoroughly enjoyable trip; the scenery was beautiful, the canoe trail infrastructure and campsites were well maintained, and even the weather was ideal (for the most part).

Boots N Paddles was a great company to rent equipment from. Everything was in good condition and the customer service was outstanding. We were pleasantly surprised many times by employees who went the extra mile to make our trip more enjoyable - accommodating special equipment requests and sharing excellent advice about the route.

Visited August 2013
Calum R, Manager at In Your Element Scotland, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Hi Evan, many thanks for your great review. Hope to see you again in the future.

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Had an amazing 5 days canoeing the great glen. Ross was great instructor, friendly and fun. Would definitely do it again. Can't recommend them enough!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dory5195
Calum R, Manager at In Your Element Scotland, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Many thanks again for coming to Scotland and joining us for some Highland adventures. It's great to hear you had such a good time and we look forward to seeing some of your photos. Enjoy the rest of your holidays.
Hampshire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Totally excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I joined a Boots N Paddles adventure as part of the WDC Sponsored Canoe Challenge at the end of May. The challenge was to complete/survive three days down the River Spey from Aviemore to Spey Bay.
As a complete novice to Canoeing (I think I was pretty reckless to sign up in the first place) the emails with both Callum and Mike (our tour leader) before the trip assured me that they would take care of me.
I was paired with a fabulous young woman with an amazing amount of spirit, enthusiasm and determination. Together we had an amazing adventure. For me it was perhaps the trip of a lifetime as I have never done (nor even considered) such a seriously dangerous adventure before.
Mike and Dan - our expert canoeists, guides, caterers, official photographers and counsellors, were fantastic. They gave me such excellent support and help that I managed to complete the challenge not least without any serious disasters, but also made the entire trip a wonderful experience. I really could not fault them in terms of all the things they did to teach, help, support and assist me.
The 'wild' camping was not really for me, but in fact - despite the 'dreich' first night my spirits stayed very high throughout and the group togetherness really added to the overall experience.
I felt very fortunate that my canoeing partner was such a fantastically positive and supportive person, but I felt that Mike was omnipotently watching over us and somehow helping us to gel into a team.
The scenery is unbelievable, and the seemingly endless rapids were awesome. During the spells of lovely weather it was pretty close to heaven and I absolutely loved it.
On a cautious note, I am not sure how we managed to complete the challenge without some swimming and I would not like to mislead anyone onto thinking that there is no danger involved. Think carefully before you take on this specific trip - for example, I would never suggest it to my grown up daughters as it is seriously scary at times - but the sense of achievement is like nothing else I have tried so the serious risks come with serious rewards.
On the physical side, there is a fair amount of paddling, but as we travelled down the 'fastest river in Scotland' not as much as there might have been on flatter water. The seating position is fairly cramped and so you need to be reasonably fit and free from aches and pains (or determined not to feel the back ache, arm ache, numb bottom etc like me!). If you are a canoeist of any experience you will know all this already of course.
The equipment is perfectly suitable - it takes a bit of a pounding with the rocks, banks, trees etc. so lightly weathered equipment was best suited to the task in hand.
The administration was excellent and, I had just one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
As a slightly mature disabled person who can walk short distances, I was treated with the perfect balance of respect and equality that meant I really felt one of the team.
Overall a truly outstanding experience and one I would unreservedly recommend to anyone wanting an outstanding team for canoeing and camping experiences in a spectacular country that just might change your life.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Adam H
Many thanks for your review and well done for taking on the challenge. Great to have you on the trip and hope it's inspired you to try some canoeing again soon.
“It was awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and son have just returned from Beecraigs, they had a great time. Ross was really helpful as this was the first time my son had been in a canoe. Would recommend it to anyone in the area. Money well spent! Looking forward to the archery next week.

Visited July 2013
It's great to hear that you enjoyed the session at Beecraigs. Many thanks for your review.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Kayak Hire 29th June 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Mike and Pam couldn't have been more helpful and we had a fantastic day paddling on Loch Ness after hiring kayaks (and an inflatable roof rack!) from Boots N Paddles.

Visited June 2013
Many thanks for your review and hope to see you again in the future.