“Amazing Night”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband surprised me by booking here and telling me the night before. The place looks so posh, the views are to die for, the food is absolutely lovely. Staff are wonderful, so attentive and helpful. Best night I have had for ages, will definitely be doing a return visit.

1  Thank Linda S
Oakman I, Manager at The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Many thanks Linda, we really appreciate those lovely comments. Hope to see you again soon.

On behalf of the Anchor team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been coming to The Anchor for years and have always looked forward to the interesting and varied menu. It was a pleasure to decide which of the dishes we wanted to try. My heart sank when I saw the new menu - it felt like just another run of the mill pub, albeit on the slightly more upmarket end. The food and service were ok, but I'm not sure they were worth the money.

It's not a bad place to eat - the building and setting are lovely - but it's just not as special as it used to be.

1  Thank tidabi

Many thanks for the feedback. We're seeing a variety of reactions to the menu and always try to respect individual taste preferences.

A key message that we need to work harder to get across is that our offer is more extensive than ever before, freshly cooked by a team of highly skilled chefs, with ingredients that are carefully sourced, from suppliers that meet standards that are actually higher than were in place before.

Hope we can see you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I know it's a little way out, but it's well worth the trip! The decor is great, the setting is fab and the food was scrummy! I had the pork belly, and it just melted in my mouth! They had vegan options too, which all made for a really lovely family get together. The service was really good too; staff really friendly.
Definitely going again!

2  Thank Shelley A

Thanks Shelley, it was lovely to have you visit. The pork belly is my personal favourite too. We also getting lots of nice comments about our vegan options. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Used to be a lovely restaurant with a basis of fresh produce particularly fish but didn’t get this feel from it at all unfortunately. Would say a very overpriced but basic menu. Very accommodating for babies which was a slight bonus! Shame as excellent location and ideal opportunity for a lovely seafood based menu

2  Thank Carlsberg2223
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ten people are the food was hot and we had a choice of the daily menu along with the normal menu . Food was lovely and the waitress was very friendly and very helpful. For ten people with starter main and dessert with drinks very reasonable.
Will go again

3  Thank noods90
Oakman I, Manager at The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the lovely feedback. It was a pleasure to have you here. Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

On behalf of the team at The Anchor