“A pleasant evening meal”
Review of Brandy Hole - CLOSED

Brandy Hole
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant at Brandy Hole is a family run business. The club underwent a full internal refurbishment between December 2010 and April 2011. The spacious restaurant offers a comfortable sofa area allowing ample room to relax and enjoy a drink from the well-stocked bar. We offer lunch, afternoon tea and dinner open to both members and non-members. An extensive deck adjacent to the sea wall is perfect for dining al fresco, with comfortable seating and fantastic views over the river Crouch.The restaurant itself is available for hire for functions including wedding receptions & ceremonies, birthday parties, corporate days & business events. The restaurant also has two small private dining rooms, for parties of up to 16 people. Our main objective is to offer a wonderful experience to all our visitors - whether they come for a quick drink, evening meal or afternoon tea. The restaurant has done well since re-opening & many customers have commented favourably on the stunning refurbishment of the club interior. We are all very excited to see the next stages of the club's development start to take shape.
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Have had a few evening meals and lunches here during past year - always OK - wish menu was a little more extensive

1  Thank Lynda A

Reviewed 30 December 2011

My wife and I had been recommended the brandy hole yacht club by a friend after there visit, because my friend knew that I had a love for fish. I was not disappointed, I had the pan fried seabass with ratatouille everything was so fresh and cooked to perfection. My wife is a fussy eat at the best of times. But had plenty to choose from . My wife had a cooked smoked salmon dish, she has been telling all her friends about it I'm told. We also had are baby with us , this was not a problem there was plenty of room around the table without being in the way of other people.

3  Thank Shepherddrive
Reviewed 3 December 2011

While walking along the river Crouch my wife and I noticed that the Brandy Hole Yacht, which ahd been run down and tired for years had had a face lift and was now open to non-members to dine. So with a grup of friends we tried out the food. There was twekve of us and all of us had the best food in many a year. Some of us had the steak, one of my friend commented to the waiter that he did not have a steak knife to cut his steak, the staff replied that you will not need a steak knife with our steaks. He was not wrong you could have cut the steaks with a butter knife. All the staff are on the young side late teen or early 20's, but were very friendly and could not do enough to make the evening. Matt the chef come to the table from the kitchen to check that everthing was okay. A perfect place to eat and watch the sun go down over the river. I would not have been suprised to see a pirate ship on thier jetty as this is a hidden trasure.

3  Thank williamscomments1