“a surprise for my thailand trip”

Ban Chunsongsang Home Stay
Ranked #2 of 15 Doi Saket B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This was my 4 days trip in Chiang Mai and 1st i was plan to stay here for only 2 days then move to town continue for another 2 days. The next day after i check -in, i told Nong i will extent my stay for the other 2 days here.

The location for this place is a bit far from town, those who like party and happening are not a good idea. This place are more surrounded by paddy field. Morning or night time you also can hear the bird and Insect called. Neighborhood and people are very friendly and helpful. Sometime i can hang around here for whole day and never going out, just feel so relax and lazy out here.

My room was very clean and quiet on day n night. Mosquito sure have but never bother me, i never have a bite from it (for your information, i never apply any mosquito repellent). Surrounded with the nature sure will have mosquito or insect, If you scare on this then please never consider here and making a complain after your stay.

Nong's cafe really can cook a very simple and nice foods. I love my lunch and dinner a lot. Thanks to Nong, Koko, their staff.

Nong & Koko provided me the bicycle, motorcycle, sim card for my tab, etc. Koko also show me around the paddy field, and the market. I have buy a big fish for only 50 baht and Koko's staff cook it for me for my dinner. I love fish~

Here i will like to said thank you very much to Nong and Koko for all the nice services and hope im not bother them for my stay. Thanks for pick me up at the train station n drop me at the airport. I will sure be back again on your place and also try on your 'The Mountain Farm Bamboo Hut'

Room Tip: City man, a good place to relax your mind and soul.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Ban Chunsongsang Home Stay

Reviewed 8 October 2012

excellent and beautifukl accomondatiobn. Very friendly staff and a traditional atmosphere that made my stay there worth every minute. What counts the most is of course the manager and staff. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My family and I stayed with Nong and Koko in August 2012 for 3 short nights. I was keen for my children to see a bit of countryside Thailand while in the north, but was slightly apprehensive whether the rural life was a step too far for my novice travelling 11 and 14 year olds. I could not have been more wrong - we all loved it!
Nong and Koko are fantastic hosts who are always on hand to advice on trips etc and also to entertain - Thank you koko for the bike rides with the kids! They have a great support staff too that are attentive and yet discreet - allowing you to really feel that you are staying with a family.
The huts were great - basic but with thoughtful extras such as toilettries, water etc. We stayed in the Ricefield Hut with extra mattresses which was plenty for us.
The village is friendly with some amazing wood carvers to visit. We also visited the local school - brought several excercise books and gave an English lesson which was definately one for the memory bank!
We did the Mahout training at The Thai Elephant Home which was amazing and recommended. Watch out for the nats though, my son had terrible bits on his legs - Thank you Nong again for bringing us to the doctors!
So in summary - we loved this place!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I like the north of Thailand. Every time I am up there, I visit Ban Chungsongsang Home Stay and Nong and Koko outside Chiang Mai. I have now been there 4 times. Ban Chunsongsang is placed in a little village surrounded by other villages and ricefields. There are a few local shops and a temple. The atmosphere in the village and at the homestay is so peacefully, and Nong and Koko are very great hosts. Ban Chunsongsang is also a good place with children, and Nong and Koko are also very good with children.

If you want to see Thailand outside the big cities, and how the real life is out in the country Ban Chunsongsang is a great place. Koko is also good to show you local things. It can be to take you to a local tradesman, or cycle with you 6:30 in the morning to get thai-coffee at a local morning market, or take a little walk together with you in the neighbourhood.

The local sounds from the nature are another great thing here, also through the night and in the morning, while you are sleeping under the mosquitonet with open windows.

A stay at Ban Chunsongsang Home Stay gives so much back to you, and my next visit will be in november 2012.

Best regards.
Evan Nielsen.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This was our first visit to a homestay and if the rest are as good as this was we will definately stay at another. Nong and Koko ( the owners) were very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure the children were entertained. They organised our excursions for us and at times we joined with other families on a day out. Highlights were the bike rides around the villages, visiting the local school, having a go at woodcarving, listening to the different sounds at nighttime, painting umbrellas at the umbrella factory and training an elephant for a day. The hospitality of Nong, Koko and family was second to none. The value for money was superb. We are already missing the thai green curry.Wish I had the recipe. My children believe this is the best holiday destination ever.and can't wait to go back to learn some more thai under the careful direction of Koko.( came in handy in Bangkok.)

Room Tip: Rooms come with comfortable mattresses. One room has mattresses on the floor whereas the other has a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Food : Free breakfast daily, choice of ordering from restaurant, food was delicious

Atmosphere : very comfy, cosy, clean, lots of greens, friendly staff, at night there were calming and nice sounds from crickets and insects.

Location : 15-20min moped ride from city centre, in a chilled out village.

Room : bed was spacious, sheets and towels changed daily, with very important mossy net and my advise is to buy mosquito coal from Tesco and start burning it as you enter the room or else the insects will starts biting. We didn't lock our room at all when we left to go during daytime, I think this is very important that we feel safe in leaving our valuables there.
Suggestions: would be great to add a chair as we always sat on the floor.
Electricity was running perfectly but WIFI not always strong in the doubles hut and you'll need to sit and face laptop nearer to the source(restaurant/main building area)

The owner Nong was very helpful and friendly. You didn't feel like she was trying to hard sell you the packages/tours which is a relief

Really enjoyed my stay and my friend stayed on for a month :D

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yoland_Li
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Best Home stay we ever had! We were very warmly welcomed by our host Nong and Koko and their family. Our kids (4.5 and 1.5 years old) enjoyed to stay there playing, riding the bike and walking through the village and visit all the different animals. Our Rice Hut was very clean and the bed sheets/towels were changed every day. The food was well cooked. It is a great location as it takes 1/2hour to one hour to all the best places, Chiang Mai City, Hot springs, Elephant camp, Handycraft....Also Nong and Koko took us everywhere we wanted and we could take as much time as we wanted, they were always waiting for us!!! The price value is just unbelievable great!
So if you want to feel home away from home don’t look further, stay here.

Room Tip: Get one of the huts, it is more private
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 6 in Doi Saket
Jasmine Hills Villas & Spa
Jasmine Hills Villas & Spa
#4 of 15 in Doi Saket

Been to Ban Chunsongsang Home Stay? Share your experiences!