“Beautiful Garden”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doi Saket
philippines
“Beautiful Garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Nice for family outing. Has lots of activities for young children. Nice to wake up in the morning and see swans swimming in the pond outside the balcony. Breakfast ok. Would recommend if you just want to stay in one place because it is a bit far.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chalarng S, Manager at Horizon Village & Resort, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you so much for staying at Horizon village and resort. We are glad that our service here at horizon has been satisfied by you. Hope you come back again.Think of nice place to stay and beautiful garden please think of Horizon village and Resort and Tweechol botanic garden. It is very kind of you to express you opinion in the Trip Advisor .Look forward to seeing you once again in the future. Till we meet again.
With kind respectfully,
Thavaravej.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here for 3 days as part of our first experience in Thailand. The hotel was wonderfully relaxing with all the staff helpful and respectful. Our room looked out over the lake at the back - we were slightly apprehensive that we may be bothered by mosquitoes but our fears were unfounded, although we did have a visitation by several large ants. The room service was superb and the food for breakfast and lunch was plentiful and varied, very reasonably priced. The little restaurant we used for our evening meals was beautifully positioned amongst the lovely foliage and croaking frogs and the food and service was second to none. The tranquility of the stay was not marred in any way by the several conferences that were taking place each day. The free drive round the park was a terrific experience and we so enjoyed our driver's singing! The topiary is gorgeous and I loved the concrete elephant display by the main restaurant, especially with the Christmas hats with which each elephant was adorned. The Christmas lights added to the magic of the warm evenings. We had a free drive from and to the airport as part of our deal and a free trip in to Chiang Mai to see around the town. We needn't have worried about how we were going to get back - we asked a Thai gentleman in the town how to get back to the hotel, whereupon he hailed a Thia bus who agreed to take us back for 500BAHT. What an interesting mode of transport that was! Great fun! The only thing we found a little disappointing was having to pay for wifi where in all the other hotels we stayed in, it was free.

Room Tip: Our room was one just by the pool. It was fine as there was hardly anyone using the pool but one nig...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DEDW
Chalarng S, Manager at Horizon Village & Resort, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for spending your time express your experience about our resort and the botanic garden on Trip Advisor. We try our best to service everyone and make our guests be happy.
All the comments from guests are worth it..The trees in our Botanical garden are free from pesticide ,here, we make compose and use in the garden.That is why you can hear croaking frogs ,the ants,butterflies,sawans, ducks etc.Thank you once again for being with us at Horizon village. Next time you come to Chiang Mai ,please think of Horizon village and Resort and Tweechol botanic garden.

With Respectfully,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Horizon Village Resort is a fantastic place to relax and play. This is more than a hotel. There is a botanic garden, zoo, lakes, swimming pools, meeting facilities, and restaurants. The food is very good and service is excellent.

WI-Fi is not free, but is very reasonable.

Room Tip: Book the room with Agoda.com to get the best rate.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chalarng S, Manager at Horizon Village & Resort, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear valued guest,

On behalf of Horizon village and Tweechol botanic's staffs I would like to thank you for staying with us at this time.I hope you have had a good time with the botanical surrounding and our service.Thank you once again and hope to see you in the near future in Chiang Mai.Wherever you
are wherever you go,whatever you do be safe and good luck to you.,
Have a good day.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

The staff here are really helpful and polite. Our biggest issue was the location. We found the resort was 30mins away from the actual centre of Chiang Mai. If you want to just stay on the resort then this is perfect for you. However - If you actually want to explore Chaing Mai I'd recommend staying in the centre of Chaing Mai. The resort provided a minibus that took guests to the Night Market at 7pm and returned to the hotel at 10pm. (You have to book this in advance). The resort has its own Zoo. Gardens. Swimming pool. Playground. The resort was huge - but we found that it felt empty most of the time. We had booked the hotel for 3 nights - however after 2 nights we were ready to leave and consequently we booked another hotel in the centre of Chiang Mai. This worked out cheaper for us as we saved on taxis to and from the resort and found the centre of Chiang Mai much more convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank sandirai
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for writing your review in Trip advisor .It is an honor for all of us to have both of you to be our guest but we are sorry for an inconvenience about the distance from downtown to our resort , eventhough only 11kms. As you have said the botanic garden was quite empty,usually on the weekday it is not too crowded .(not like weekend.)Thank you once again,If there is anything that
is not satisfied,please understand and aplogize us

Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Our company hosted a workshop in the Horizon Village complex. What a wonderful venue. The gardens are beautiful, the hotel staff was very accommodating. Our group stayed in Horizon 2 and it was perfect. Rooms are spacious and well decorated as well as functional. Although there is a large conference center on the grounds, there is plenty of room for everyone. You can find quiet places to relax and reflect in the botanical garden as well as near your room. The meeting room that we were using was in the gardens, just a short walk from Horizon 2. This was an excellent way to enjoy the gardens going to and from meetings. The meeting room was perfect for our group, away from other distractions so we could focus on the task at hand. Looking forward to repeat meetings in the coming years.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

With respectfully

Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the deluxe room, with breakfast. I was really looking forward to my stay here, my last respite before heading back home. The website touts itself as "tranquil" but I found otherwise on my stay.

The hotel is actually situated in a large park. Within the park is a big meetings and events space. The hotel feels like it was really designed to supply rooms for that center, rather than offer a tranquil getaway. Staff tended to be disinterested and undertrained.

The first night of my stay there was a wedding. Apparently it is the policy of the convention center that the music doesn't go off until midnight. It was really, really loud, and I had to turn on the TV to drown out the Thai techno sounds, which really killed the "tranquil" vibe I thought I was getting.

The next morning I was awoken bright and early by microphone testing for a children's program (the park also hosts large events). The receptionist told me that 800 kids showed up at 8am for this program. At about 8:15, housekeeping showed up to clean the room across from my own and graciously left their radio on, outside of my door, while they all chatted and laughed in the halls.

The next night there was another wedding, music ending at 12am. I called around 10pm to see if I could simply move to another room to sleep, and was responded with a "sorry".

When I requested a taxi they organized one for double the price that I could negotiate my own local taxi for. When I requested an airport shuttle they wanted to charge me double what their own website said.

The breakfast was not in a charming nook, but served about .25 km away in the convention center lower floor. It reminded me of an elementary school cafeteria and the limited variety of beef & noodles, soup, vienna sausage, etc., seemed to be leftovers from the wedding the night before. I wish I was kidding.

I looked under my bed before leaving and didn't find dust bunnies, but rather an entire bed-length of dust balls, clearly built up over much time.

Wi-Fi was spotty. Can only be used on one device at a time - so if you're traveling with multiple people or devices plan on paying 100 baht/day/person/device.

The staff mostly didn't speak any English, and seemed largely untrained. Service was comparable to that of a two star hotel, with exception that they carry bags upon arrival to your room.

For my lack of sleep the hotel offered a complimentary airport shuttle (250 baht/$8). I wrote back and asked for a partial refund of my stay since they clearly did not live up to any standards they sold and which I paid for, and the manager simply offered to host me on my next stay (not planning on risking that one).

Overall just be forewarned - if you have problems here they don't go out of their way to fix them. I would recommend checking out a few of the other hotels that have a better reputation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth G
Chalarng S, Owner at Horizon Village & Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Valued guest,

On behalf of Horizon village and Tweechol botanic staff.We would like to thank you for spending your time express your opinion on Trip advisor.
We are sorry if our service was not satisfied by you. We try to do our best for service everyone or make all the guests be happy while staying at Horizon Village and Tweechol botanic garden.You may say whatever you do not like about us but please do not insult us .Thank you
once again.You do not know that I do this business with all my heart,my live, not because I want to get more money.Do not use your standard judge other people's hospitality.I think many people who have been here will judge what you have said about us right or wrong.However, thank you once again .I challenge you come back and stay once again and you will find that our service is not that bad .Think of Chiang Mai think of us.

With respectfuly,
Sesaweeech
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My family and I loved the hotel as soon as we got there. The resort is set in a lush and beautiful botanical garden complete with scenic ponds and gliding swans. We stayed in Horizon 1, which is the older block and we loved the old style wooden flooring and heavy teak furniture that gave a very rustic feel. Very spacious rooms, comfortable for a family of 4.This block is very quiet and peaceful as most tourists prefer the newer blocks. The pool is good. Excellent authentic Thai food with a serene lake view at the restaurant. Breakfast is a limited but good buffet with a very friendly chef making omelettes. The staff are very polite and obliging. The lady masseuse was quite good although like the others, fairly limited in speaking English. The hotel is just half an hour from the city.There are free shuttle services to the city at 11 am, 7 pm and return at 10 pm. Great place for a laidback peaceful holiday.

Room Tip: Horizon block 1 is more old style and with a great view of the lake,beautiful pool. more for those w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunitha U
Chalarng S, Manager at Horizon Village & Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear valued guest,

On behalf of Horizon village and Tweechol botanic's staffs I would like to thank you for staying with us at this time.I hope you have had a good time with the botanical surrounding and our service .Thank you once again and hope to see you in the near future.

C.Thavaravej
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
#2 of 376 in Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,305 reviews

Been to Horizon Village & Resort? Share your experiences!