We spent 3 days in this hotel to finish our holidays quietly after 1.5 week of circuit in Thailand. We were pleased by the beautiful gardens, the zoo and the quietness of the hotel.
Our room had a view on the lake, it was very clean and well furnished. We found the matrass a little bit too hard for our taste, but this is of course our personal opinion.
Breakfast was served on the base floor of the congress center. The choice of dishes of the breakfast buffet is a little bit small (in comparison with buffets we had known in other hotels) but various. You can have lunch and dinner à la carte in a restaurant (I don't remember it's name) beside the reception desk. There is a choice in Asian and continental dishes. The only thing which was a pity was the our dishes weren't served at the same time, which meant that my husband and I had finished eating when our daughter only got her dish. The second day we had lunch (buffet) in the congress center which was very good (more choice than at breakfast).
There are 3 swimming pools in the parc, but we only used the one behind the reception desk, which was OK.
We have used the massage service, this was 100% pure pleasure. I almost fell asleep during massage. Great !
We attended the New Years Eve party which was well organized, the buffet at this evening was various and tasty. Congratulations to the musicians who played during this evening, good choice of music and not too loud so that we still could speak with the people with whom we shared our table.
The hotel is about 30 minutes drive from the center of Chiang Mai. But good taxi service is available if you ask via reception desk. If you want to eat in another restaurant than the ones the hotel is proposing you than you will need a car as there are no restaurants in the near area of the hotel.
All employees are very kind and polite, but an improvement could be made on the level of English (in speaking and understanding) of the employees who are in direct contact with customers. Only few speak (and understand) English well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon Village & Resort is a resort which is situated in 115 acres Botanical Garden. We located in out skirt of Chiangmai area which is far from the city for 10 km. The Unique Selling Point of this property is the Conference in the garden with the capacity of 3,762 sqm which are 2 Grand Ballrooms (Ceiling high 6.5 metres and 10 metres) and 15 meeting rooms. The maximum capacity of Grand Ballroom is 800 pax. The Accommodation 209 rooms comming with the Lanna style which we have 4 different room type. Moreover, our resort has various activities for the guest to enjoy for example riding a bicycle , paddle boat, swimming, visit the Lanna Museum or Lanna way of Life , feeding the animal in the petting zoo, Thai massage or even get into the Hot air balloon which we receive the license to be the only one balloon port in Chiangmai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Horizon Village and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Village Hotel Chiang Mai
- Horizon Village Resort
- Horizon Village And Resort Doi Saket, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand