Having spent a week volunteering in a hilltribe school I was invited by the sister of the owner of this property to stay for a night at a reduced rate which I was told included transportation to/from night market and airport as it was far from town. To avoid offending anybody I accepted and was shocked when faced with a bill for an airport transfer on the morning of departure. I spoke to the owner who raised her voice over the phone (something not normally heard in Thailand) and she told me to pay it and without me saying anything said I could write anything I wanted on the internet. Either she was having a bad day or it is time she hung up her tourism shoes and handed the property over to her daughter. Pity cause the daughter and the sister were both lovely to spend time with.
It is quite some distance from Chiang Mai and whilst there is a beautiful botanical garden attached it would be more preferential to stay in town and visit the garden if it appeals to you. The resort itself is more catering to Chinese tour groups - think loud TV's in the rooms and large breakfast area with hundreds of people. Not exactly pleasant.
The ladies I was travelling with check out early given my experience and moved to a city hotel where there is a plethora of restaurant choices and shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon Village & Resort or otherwise known as the Family resort of Chiang Mai, has been open since 2005. Horizon Village& Resort is located on the main highway approximately 10 kms. From downtown of Chiang Mai. It is set in 286 rai of beautiful garden. Its design is inspired by Northern Thai (Lanna) culture, with classic architectural details. Horizon Village & Resort is a place of deep tranquility where guests can escape from their busy lifestyles or simply indulge in a luxurious weekend away. All the facilities are those one would expect from a high class resort. Some include a spacious salt swimming pool, Buddhist insight meditation and a fitness room .You can be accomadated at Horizon Village & Resort or you can even just stay the day in the botanical garden..In the garden you can walk, enjoy your morning jogging, bike or even bird watching as well as many other activities.Horizon Village& Resort used to be a boutique resort Chiang Mai but after we built a second group of rooms it became a resort of 71 rooms. Now we are called garden and family resort of Chiang Mai . Personal service is provided in a warm uplifting family atmosphere. Horizon Village& Resort has 71 rooms, from which you can take your pick off suites ranging from standard rooms to superior villas. The sizes of the rooms vary from 40 to 68 square metres.There are two restaurants,both of which serve at different times of the day insuring you a convenient stay. They also serve an array of healthy food made with original and organically grown fruits herbs and vegetables. ************************************************** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your Horizon Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Village Hotel Chiang Mai
- Horizon Village And Resort
- Horizon Village & Resort Doi Saket, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand