“Best approach to health”

Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Doi Saket
milano
“Best approach to health”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was at Tao Garden in July and I had a great experience.
Everything is wonderful and full of energy, is exactly the same as the slogan: good air, good food, good Chi (energy).

GMaster Mantak Chia and his staff have the best approach to health ever seen, I learned a lot about Taoism, how to stay healty and maintain well-being.

Very recommended treatments at the spa (Pakua clinic): the doctors and the staff are very kind and very competent! After some massage I felt much better :)

I'm very grateful for all the things that I experienced there and I can not stay to come back again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank iaiola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 12 August 2013

It is a wonderful place to simultaneously get deep Taoist knowledge , holistic treatment of your body &soul and eat healthy food. Good energy is charging up the Tao Garden visitor. I am already planning my next trip to Tao Garden. I have returned back home as a different person!!

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was at Tao Garden from middle of June into July and it was my third visit. There were some disappointing aspects but overall it was good. I also say that tripadvisor needs a good rating...average and very good do not allow for those above average but are not very good!

Initial communication: I initially contacted Tao Garden by email regarding dates. Response time was very very slow and their initial response was only due to my prompting. If I had not stayed there previously I would have given up the follow up emails and gone elsewhere.

Initial Accommodation: I had booked a superior room, but was disappointed with the quality of the room initially provided to me. The room was not of superior quality and in fact was of much lesser quality that the two standard rooms I had previously occupied on previous visits to Tao Garden. The townhouse and room were quite sparse, and what furniture was there just looked shabby and old. Tao Garden at this point was mostly unoccupied. I immediately requested to look at a couple of other rooms so that I could move.

Accommodation: I ended up in a town house a few over. Town houses have a common living area but separate room with ensuite bathroom. The room I ended up with was reasonably comfortable but in typical Thai style the bed/mattress was fairly hard. The town house rooms are generally noiser than the condo rooms, noise can be heard from the floorboards, toilets, showers, etc. I felt sorry for the person who occupied the room underneath my room as there were some rather creaky floorboards that could not be avoided.

Quality of the condo rooms/townhouses do vary as they are privately owned and furnished individually by the owners. Apparently the owners get to decide the standard of the room eg rate the room standard or superior etc (greater income is received for superior and delux rooms over the simple and standard rooms). In general I do prefer the condo rooms.

Standard of cleaning depending on which housekeeping staff member did your room but generally it was good. If staying for a longer period of time bed linen and towels were exchanged every 3 or 4 days.

Standard of the treatments varied as to which therapist was allocated please message me for personal recommendations.

The dining hall was been renovated for most of my visit and meals consisted of part buffet and ordering of the main course of a menu. For the most part meals and buffet were good. When the dining hall reopened main course went back to buffet style. It is disappointing that for a health resort that a lot of the main course type foods from the buffet are fried/deep fried. If you have the opportunity make sure you sample the coconut ice cream :) Generally there is something for most people to enjoy except those with special food requirements.

Towards the end of my visit Tao Garden was starting to get busy with arrivals for the Tao course, reception and other staff for the most part remained polite but it was clear that they were under resourced and could have been better supported by management.

I had a wonderful visit and I was able to relax, regain some health, lost some weight, met lovely people and I will go back again despite some of the issues, hopefully next visit I will be able to increase the rating. It was average this time due to the lack of timely email response and some service issues.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank 2shea
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The beauty and attention to detail in the gardens was magnificent in dire contrast to the room which was dismal. The veneer was peeling of the front door, the tap leaking and difficult to turn on and off, the bright orange walls and the patchwork green tiles were a shocker. My package was advertised as 3 days 2 nights but in facts there are 2 half days and 1 full day making it 2 days and 2 nights. It seemed like I was the only guest who wasn't part of the group retreat which had 150 people in it. The dining area was bursting, the staff overloaded and finding a place to sit and eat was a challenge. Group participants naturally want to sit together and I felt alone and very uncomfortable. Being a Coeliac and needing to be on a gluten free diet was a major problem for me. The buffet for every meal looked good but as nothing was labelled and contamination was an issue, I could only look. The very sweet chef had to cook for me seperately, V.I.P treatment I was offered by the Manager Simon, but the reality was the chef knew almost nothing about a gluten free diet, and had a huge amount of group guests to cater for. I gave him an information sheet and my gluten free soya sauce and what was served to me was warm fish with a few vegies and the second night cold chicken and a few vegies for the waiter had forgotten about me. The package included treatments but the people who worked on me had not looked at my file and trying to tell them that my stomach was inflammed from ingesting gluten on my travels through Thailand was impossible.
All in all it was a miserable experience, cut my stay short and was happy to get out..............and it's not cheap!!!!!!

10 Thank Judy371
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

A destination spa is one with the primary purpose of providing for spa-goers to develop healthy habits. I was in Tao Garden in February on business and I saw that they provide courses to transform your emotions and your energy levels, therefore I have come back to this relaxing and beautiful resort of lush vegetations. This habit changing course is at the basics level of a very large topic called healing Tao practices. Just after one week, a lot of my negative emotions are gone, and my chronic fatigue is no more. Of course, a spa with good food, good water, good air, good massage like Tao garden would have brought me through half of the way. I had been through this many times before with other spas, the negative emotions and chronic fatigue came back after a couple of months. But here at Tao Garden, taking the Tao healing practices gave me many exercises I could do every morning, every evening and before sleep, so that good habits take hold. The training here at Tao garden is intense. Morning exercise starts daily at 7, didactic starts at 9:30 to 1 pm but the teacher always inserts short pieces of movements practice during the didactic every morning. It is more of an experiential seminar than a didactic one. Between 4:30 to 6 pm, another mostly practical session. And then from 8 pm to 9 pm another practice session. The instructions are based on 4000 years of the Tao practices in China. It has nothing to do with religion or psychology group therapy. It taught me to develop the wisdom about my own body, my own internal organs, my own emotions and feel my own energy. It is not a static meditation practice, nor a feel good affirmation technique. I understood this as a fusion of very gentle Kung Fu that everyone can learn and should learn, to active meditation practices with no religious reference whatsoever. I could feel my energy all charged up physically and mentally at the end of a week of intense practice. It had been an unforgettable week of raising my energy level from chronic fatigue, and I have all the tools to take home to make my success take hold.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a townhouse, more of an at home atmosphere. A room in the condo has a feel more lik...
1 Thank loongsung
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Coming to Tao garden gave me the time out I desperately needed. My whole body was in need of rejuvenation and being here has given me peace to focus on my well being. I had an amazing consolation with resident doctor, Jabu. The surroundings are peaceful and th food is fantastic! I actually stayed off site at a lovely and affordable guest house in Luang nua, 5 minutes down the road. This did not affect any of my interactions at Tao Garden. They trust you, they let you use their facilities and the nurses are highly skilled professionals who support you through every experience. It was just so tranquil. And the people you meet are super interesting!

Room Tip: I didn't stay on site.
1 Thank Kiwiseeingallthereis
Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 July 2013

So many wonderful things to say about Tao Garden and the total experience of healing, getting away, nurturing body, mind, spirit and simply slowing down. The number of health treatments available is impressive and the cost is reasonable. I highly recommend spending at least a week there to unwind, take in the greenery of the grounds and indulge in as many spa and health treatments to detox, rejuvenate and revitalize.

I cannot speak highly enough of the food variety and quality. I loved the salads the most as they are organic, grown on the grounds and taste like pure goodness. Every day there is a different selection of health beverages as well as fresh juice on demand. Fresh and chilled young coconuts are available at the pool bar. My favorite is the ozonated water.

The health treatments were wonderful and staff friendly and helpful. This is my second time to Tao Garden and I packed the visit to 2.5 days when it should have been at least a week. Next time I will spend over a week to totally unwind and only book 2 treatments a day so that I can truly enjoy each meal, walk around the grounds and take advantage of the facilities such as morning tai chi, evening meditation and the swimming pool.

The last treatment finishes at 8 (as with dinner) and it gets really quiet at night so either sleep early or bring along books, DVDs for evening entertainment.

The only downside is the room quality which is a bit basic but it's reasonably priced. This is the only type of vacation where you WOULD be spending time in your room to sit on the balcony to read and wish the rooms were just a little nicer. Just be sure to bring insect repellent or you can buy some from the store. Mosquitos and little crawlies are everywhere.

Aside from that, everything is perfect. I will be back again!!

Room Tip: The rooms are clean but rustic. Bring along some scented candles or incense to take away the damp sm...
1 Thank canadahk
#1 of 6 in Doi Saket
Jasmine Hills Villas & Spa
Jasmine Hills Villas & Spa
#4 of 15 in Doi Saket

Been to Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!