Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort
US$53
Dao Retreat(Doi Saket)
US$102
Agoda.com
Asia Hotels Group - Poonpetch Chiangmai(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$26
US$106
US$96
  • Breakfast included
US$442
US$306
Agoda.com
Baan Chai Thung(Doi Saket)
Harmonize Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Priceline
All reviewstai chigrand masterlife changingsteam roomdetox programmeal timesraw veganchiang maihot and cold drinkslose weightparadise on earthbuffet styleherbal steamrainy seasoncoconut ice creamthe food is greathealing
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Tao Garden is a wonderful spa experience - relaxing, invigorating, healthy and just all round enjoyable. The facilities are great and the prices are so much more affordable than spas in Australia. It's worth the airfare to save money! The food which is included in the room price is excellent and such a choice.....
The array of treatments offered is incredible ranging from the healing therapies right through to just plain indulgence options ........ and the abhyanga massage is heaven!
This time I had only booked in for 3 days but next year I'll be back and I will be taking a whole load of friends with me to enjoy both Tao Garden and the rest of Chiang Mai.
Thank you to all the staff - everyone was wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Tao Garden is a small paradise located less than an hour from Chiang Mai city and airport. Everything is designed to make one's stay an unforgettable experience: the service is professional yet personalized, the food is delicious yet healthy, the atmosphere is international and relaxed, not to mention the beautiful gardens and pool. This is the perfect place for a tailor made holiday for people who enjoy being in a natural environment. The clinic and spa have excellent doctors, nurses and therapists, with a special mention to doctor Jabu and Stefano. Tao lessons are given every day in the morning and evening by experienced instructors. The surroundings of Tao Garden are also breathtaking: rice fields, mountains, temples and a beautiful lake can all be reached by bicycle.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laure B
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The reason why I wanted to stay at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort was primarily because of my chronic pelvic pains. When I have contacted first the hotel Mr. Stefano from Pakua clinic has responded to my email and asked me some questions whether I had before some accident or injuries etc. I responded him no. So he suggested me a 7-10 days chronic pain management program would be helpful to me. Afterwards I decided to take a 10 days chronic pain management program mentioned in their website and booked the hotel for 10 days first. I arrived at this hotel on the 10th of October and we have started our program on the following day. The hotel lies in the middle of area surrounded by the trees and very tranquil. But I was rather interested how it would go with my treatment because I came here for this! In my treatment Chi Nei Tsang Abdominal Detox Therapy, Physiotherapy, Aromatherapy applications such as the Five Elements were involved and Mr. Stefano has included extra also 4 sessions with him private session Structural Bodywork, which was the most expensive part of this program. However as the days passed I wasn't feeling better when I arrived here. I explained this situation to Dr. Jabu, who was working at Pakua clinic. In the meantime I don't know his area of expertise. I did him once on the second day of my arrival and spoke to him for a while. After telling him my feelings it was quite surprising for me to hear from here 'you seem to have done everything before I came here and I am sorry to tell you to send you back again with your pains!!! What kind of answer was it. I came here of the other part of the world with the hope to find at least a relieve and this health organization, which gives me a hope with the treatment and the only thing he could say; I regret to send you back with your pains. I am sure if they told me this before I would think twice to come this so-called health center. After all I stayed here 12 days and paid double price for 10 days basic program because they suggest you other treatments the original account is changing completely after. If I had any benefit it didn't really matter to me In summary if you are coming here for health reason to get any result I would suggest you to think twice because the treatments applied here such as traditional massage techniques, physical therapy etc. you can find it somewhere else cheaper in Thailand or somewhere else.

As part of the hotel I booked a simple room, and it was a really simple room. The room was not worth for the money you pay for it. The room I stayed was outdated and needed maintenance. Also the sink in the bathroom was leaking water and my mobile is broken because of it while I was charging it there. This was also another loss of this journey.

The meals at the hotel were good and healthy . Perhaps this is one of the positive thing I can say about this place. Also the personal were always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Guletta
Mantak_UHT, Owner at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Our Chronic Pain Management programs focus on manual therapies for re-organizing the balance and the movement of the body in the gravity because our inefficient ways of standing and moving in the gravity are the main reason for our chronic pains and dsyfunctions.

it doesn't mean that in 7-10 days we "fix the people" especially when we have cases of long term chronic pain without any result from conventional medicine.

As we explain well to the guests during the wellness consultation, our therapeutic programs are an integration of Structural Bodywork, Visceral Manipulation (Chi Nei Tsang and Karsai Nei Tsang) , Physiotherapy and Acupuncture.
detailed description of these bodywork treatments is available on our website.

we can not expect miracles from a short time program (7-10 days).

the goal of our therapeutic programs is make our guests more aware of their own bodies. Any improvement starts from our increased body awareness.
the 7-10 days programs are a good educational experience that is crucial for our well-being and for chronic myofascial pain relief.

about the pricing, these programs are not traditional massage therapy.
You cannot find therapeutic modalities like Structural Bodywork, Chi Nei Tsang and Karsai Nei Tsang in Thailand .
The cheaper massages that we can get in Thailand are not therapeutic because most of the Thai massage therapists don't really know what they are doing.

Structural Bodywork session is 80 min long and it costs 2500 THB (60 euro).
in the USA it would cost 140-150 USD.
In Europe at least 100-120 Euro .

CNT and KNT , 50 min, 2000THB (50 euro).
Physiotherapy is 50 min and 1250 THB.
Acupuncture session is 1180 THB.

These prices are clearly shown on our website and on our brochure.
So our prices are much cheaper than USA and Europe.

stefano

Stefano Beconcini, MSc Physics, Wellness Consultant, Pakua Integrative Health Clinic, Tao Garden health resort

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Complete service with a finest gourmet everyday. Not to mention the professionalism in the health and spiritual treatment.
The instalations have beautiful gardens and sceneries everywhere.
The service staff is always willing to provide a high and warm quality service.
Master Mantak Chia a remarkable spiritual leader.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Heaven must import it's fruits from this place. Every thing is organic & clean and I think I added 5 years to my lifespan just by staying here. All kinds of therapeutic sessions (physical & psychological) are provided by certified professionals. The Detox program which I did for 21 days cleared my "tonsils calcification" and the Chinese acupuncture & medicine helped with my sleep problems.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo