“My first ever poor review”

Days Inn Stevenage North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Radwell
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have never posted a poor review before but here is the first. Stayed at the Days inn a couple of days ago and the room smelt really strongly of smoke particularly the bathroom. I called reception to complain but was told there were no spare rooms and no-one offered to check and see my room. The car park wasn’t full, but maybe ever y single other room was taken. Breakfast arrived a little later than booked, but this could be excused. However when I went to open the small bottle of orange, the seal had already been broken and the bottle was not full. I also selected a fruit pot on my breakfast choice but this did not arrive. I did not see any point in complaining due to the unhelpful reply I had got when I complained about my room. Whilst at the holiday inn I had used the free internet which requested I register my email address in order to use the internet. I arrived home to find that my home email had been ‘ hacked’ and the password changed at the exact same time I had registered it on days inn internet. Spam emails have now been sent from my email to numerous friends and clients and I was unable to login to my email. I have now spent over an hour sorting this out with my provider. I won’t be staying at a days inn again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Days Inn Stevenage North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

I apologise that your experience was less than satisfying. We do all we can to deter guests from smoking in a non-smoking room, however sometimes our policies are ignored. When we find that this has occurred, we do all we can to air the room out as quickly as possible, sometimes even removing the room from sale. Unfortunately when we have a fully occupied hotel, even our greatest attempts may not be 100% effective. Whenever there is an issue with a room that we cannot remedy immediately, we offer an alternative room. However, this is difficult when we are fully booked. I am not sure why you experienced such issues with your breakfast, but I can assure you I will investigate this fully. We encourage our guests to take advantage of our 24-hour reception with any issues you may have during your stay, so that we can do all we can to rectify the situation as soon as possible

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were visiting friends and family in the area. An excellent location just off the A1. The receptioist on duty was very helpful and pleasant giving us a choice of rooms. We choose one at the back of the hotel as he advised this would be quieter. The room was very clean and spacious, lovely shower, tea and coffee making facilities. The bed was very comfortable, in fact one of the best nights sleep I had in ages! We did not have breakfast in the hotel but went next door to the services where there a few options for dining venues. We opted for Porridge in Starbucks which was very good. We would definitely stay here again. If you book in advance it is quite a bit cheaper, we paid just over £40 for the night which is very good value.

Room Tip: We chose one at the back as this hotel is on a service station and we were concerned about noise, ho...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting friends and it was very warm and comfortable and at £70 for two nights I could not ask for more! The room was a fair size, with great size bed, dressing table and wardrobes. It snowed the whole weekend, but the heating control was great and never came back to a cold room. Different set up with the sink in the bedroom but not a problem and the shower worked well. Will definitely stay here again when visiting friends and just sooo convenient!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed at this hotel on for one night. Check in was painless and efficient. Went to our room and it was like walking into a fridge - it was so cold. Turned the heating up full blast but it took around 4 hours to feel comfortable.
Also found inadequate warmth in the bedding therefore used towels I had brought from home as blankets but had trouble sleeping due to being cold.
Liked the fact that I could walk from the hotel to the services without going outside. Nice range of places to buy breakfast but you can't really beat Greggs!!
Would probably stay here for convience but would take my own duvet!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights 24 and 25 February. The hotel receptionist was friendly and efficient. The room allocated had a problem with the heating but as it was a Sunday and no maintenance team in the hotel, the receptionist gave us another room (lovely and warm). Very clean room and good shower facility (with lighting in the shower) a first for us. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as the services were nearby with many restaurants to chose from. Also there was a connecting corridor from the hotel to the restaurants, so no need to go outside if it was raining. Coffee, tea and biscuits were provided in the price which was very good indeed. £35 per night/per room. Only £17.50 per person.

Room Tip: Ask for a family room as these are larger than the basic double and are at the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Clean, tidy double room with freeview flat-screen TV, large wardrobe, comfortable bed, a shower room and a sectioned off sink in the bedroom.

Only slight niggle was the paint was flaking off the shower room ceiling.

Great location for the A1M - just off the motorway so no noise, but close enough to the junction. Food available in the services next door.

Check-in was quick and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed for 2 nights very cheaply.Good offers to look out for.This Extra is better than the peterborough one with all the standard restaurants but with Greggs and a lovely donut shop as well.Comfy rooms with nice firm beds, would like a bath as well as a shower because it's easier with small children but still, very good Hotel and will be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radwell
purplehotel Baldock
#7 of 11 in Stevenage
Firs Hotel
Firs Hotel
#5 of 8 in Hitchin

Been to Days Inn Stevenage North? Share your experiences!