“Extra Mile!!”

Days Inn Stevenage North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Radwell
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Although we didn't arrive till nearly midnight the receptionist still had a smile and was very helpful.It was the first time we had used a motorway Inn but would not hesitate to do so again. Despite being in a front room the road noise was unnoticeable. We had been given an "accessible" room which meant it was larger. One comment though, not too sure how someone with mobility issues could get into the bath/shower. I have knee problems and found it quite challenging!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2013

The days inn is situated at the 'Extra' Services at Junction 10 on the A1 and is accessible to both North and South bound travellers. I have to admit a small amount of bias in this review, as we have stayed here consistently for more than three years, and have never had a bad experience.
The hotel is relatively new and all the rooms are both spacious and well equipped.
Reception is 24/7 and there are both smoking and non smoking rooms available on site. All rooms have wifi access (at cost - we prefer to access the free wifi next door in the food concourse) and tea and coffee making facilities.
Even though the hotel is situated just off the busy A1, the earth bankings around the site do a great job of minimising traffic noise. This, plus the industry standard double glazing, ensures a quiet nights sleep.
You can book a wakeup call with reception, and arrange to have a continental breakfast if you so require. If you prefer something different, the hotel has its own access corridor leading to the Extra Services food concourse, with an M&S Simply Food shop, WH Smiths, plus Mcdonalds, Eat in, El Mexicana and Le Petit Four Francais food outlets (there are a few more but I can't recollect the names).
Off site it is just a five minute drive into Baldock. When you get to the traffic lights turn right and you will go into the small town centre (turning left or going straight on circumvents the town). Baldock has a great choice of pubs, shops, restaurants and takeaway food outlet - we always visit for our evening meals. If you need anything vital, continue down the High Street to the end, and you will find a Tesco supermarket tucked away behind some trees by the small roundabout.
All in all, the Days Inn Stevenage is a clean, safe place to stop and stay, especially at the new reduced room rates for 2013. Highly recommended.
We hope this helped.

Room Tip: Although all rooms are well sized, book a twin room for a lot of extra 'spreading out' space...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffandlin
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Conveniently located on the M1 at the extra services this hotel is a joy to stay in!
The rooms were large and airy, they were incredibly clean and modern and extremely comfortable. It was nice to have a large shower with a seat, perfect to relax after a long day.
The hotel has a walkway into the services where there are several fast food outlets which is very convenient.
Upon being placed in the hotel we realised that we had been allocated a smoking room, due to not being a smoker we requested a non smoking room and they were happy to change this immediately. Nothing seemed too much trouble.
A lovely stay and a lovely hotel, couldn't find a fault with it. If I was in the area again I'd definitely stay here again. One of the best nights sleep I've ever had!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed here on a business trip with my husband, who has walking difficulties due to MS. They couldn't have been more friendly or helpful and the covered over entrance meant I could park outside, under cover whilst my husband got out. The foyer is large and very attractive.
I was very tired having had to be up and travelling from 5am over long days for the previous four days and, after taking my husband to his business meeting in Stevenage, I asked if it would be all right to sit and doze in my car outside until check-in time. The Manager (Fiona) checked that our room was ready and very kindly let me check-in for a wonderful rest there and then.
When we were checking out the following morning I noticed I had brought grass in on my feet unknowingly the previous evening, Pauline the Housekeeper was charming when I apologised for the extra work. We look forward to staying here whenever my husband has meetings scheduled in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

25th - 26th April 2013
Pleasant night's stay. Better than one of it's competitors - Travelodge
Easy check in & receptionist was very polite
Facilities and quality are in line with price paid
Clean throughout
Free car parking
Plenty of food & drink options next-door at main services, continental breakfast available from reception
My room overlooked a pretty, small reservoir

No faults

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have never posted a poor review before but here is the first. Stayed at the Days inn a couple of days ago and the room smelt really strongly of smoke particularly the bathroom. I called reception to complain but was told there were no spare rooms and no-one offered to check and see my room. The car park wasn’t full, but maybe ever y single other room was taken. Breakfast arrived a little later than booked, but this could be excused. However when I went to open the small bottle of orange, the seal had already been broken and the bottle was not full. I also selected a fruit pot on my breakfast choice but this did not arrive. I did not see any point in complaining due to the unhelpful reply I had got when I complained about my room. Whilst at the holiday inn I had used the free internet which requested I register my email address in order to use the internet. I arrived home to find that my home email had been ‘ hacked’ and the password changed at the exact same time I had registered it on days inn internet. Spam emails have now been sent from my email to numerous friends and clients and I was unable to login to my email. I have now spent over an hour sorting this out with my provider. I won’t be staying at a days inn again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Days Inn Stevenage North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

I apologise that your experience was less than satisfying. We do all we can to deter guests from smoking in a non-smoking room, however sometimes our policies are ignored. When we find that this has occurred, we do all we can to air the room out as quickly as possible, sometimes even removing the room from sale. Unfortunately when we have a fully occupied hotel, even our greatest attempts may not be 100% effective. Whenever there is an issue with a room that we cannot remedy immediately, we offer an alternative room. However, this is difficult when we are fully booked. I am not sure why you experienced such issues with your breakfast, but I can assure you I will investigate this fully. We encourage our guests to take advantage of our 24-hour reception with any issues you may have during your stay, so that we can do all we can to rectify the situation as soon as possible

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were visiting friends and family in the area. An excellent location just off the A1. The receptioist on duty was very helpful and pleasant giving us a choice of rooms. We choose one at the back of the hotel as he advised this would be quieter. The room was very clean and spacious, lovely shower, tea and coffee making facilities. The bed was very comfortable, in fact one of the best nights sleep I had in ages! We did not have breakfast in the hotel but went next door to the services where there a few options for dining venues. We opted for Porridge in Starbucks which was very good. We would definitely stay here again. If you book in advance it is quite a bit cheaper, we paid just over £40 for the night which is very good value.

Room Tip: We chose one at the back as this hotel is on a service station and we were concerned about noise, ho...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radwell
purplehotel Baldock
#7 of 11 in Stevenage
Firs Hotel
Firs Hotel
#5 of 8 in Hitchin

Been to Days Inn Stevenage North? Share your experiences!