“No bed”

Days Inn Stevenage North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Radwell
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I would love to write a review for the room I booked, however due to the total ineptness of their manager and other staff this is not possible. I and 16 other people had booked rooms for this weekend only to be told when we arrived that they had no rooms for us. If you are going to stay here get an e mail confirmation and phone the day you are due to stay to ensure that a total fool member of staff has not cancelled your room. Level of service we received was a joke, they did not care they had messed up and Kidd nothing to sort the problem out. Hatefully company don't give them your money they won't have earned it!

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Stevenage North

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The air-con leaked and made a puddle on the floor but that was the only problem. The food court the hotel is attached to is great. I didn't have a car but there seemed to be a lot of spare parking

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Although we didn't arrive till nearly midnight the receptionist still had a smile and was very helpful.It was the first time we had used a motorway Inn but would not hesitate to do so again. Despite being in a front room the road noise was unnoticeable. We had been given an "accessible" room which meant it was larger. One comment though, not too sure how someone with mobility issues could get into the bath/shower. I have knee problems and found it quite challenging!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The days inn is situated at the 'Extra' Services at Junction 10 on the A1 and is accessible to both North and South bound travellers. I have to admit a small amount of bias in this review, as we have stayed here consistently for more than three years, and have never had a bad experience.
The hotel is relatively new and all the rooms are both spacious and well equipped.
Reception is 24/7 and there are both smoking and non smoking rooms available on site. All rooms have wifi access (at cost - we prefer to access the free wifi next door in the food concourse) and tea and coffee making facilities.
Even though the hotel is situated just off the busy A1, the earth bankings around the site do a great job of minimising traffic noise. This, plus the industry standard double glazing, ensures a quiet nights sleep.
You can book a wakeup call with reception, and arrange to have a continental breakfast if you so require. If you prefer something different, the hotel has its own access corridor leading to the Extra Services food concourse, with an M&S Simply Food shop, WH Smiths, plus Mcdonalds, Eat in, El Mexicana and Le Petit Four Francais food outlets (there are a few more but I can't recollect the names).
Off site it is just a five minute drive into Baldock. When you get to the traffic lights turn right and you will go into the small town centre (turning left or going straight on circumvents the town). Baldock has a great choice of pubs, shops, restaurants and takeaway food outlet - we always visit for our evening meals. If you need anything vital, continue down the High Street to the end, and you will find a Tesco supermarket tucked away behind some trees by the small roundabout.
All in all, the Days Inn Stevenage is a clean, safe place to stop and stay, especially at the new reduced room rates for 2013. Highly recommended.
We hope this helped.

Room Tip: Although all rooms are well sized, book a twin room for a lot of extra 'spreading out' space...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffandlin
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Conveniently located on the M1 at the extra services this hotel is a joy to stay in!
The rooms were large and airy, they were incredibly clean and modern and extremely comfortable. It was nice to have a large shower with a seat, perfect to relax after a long day.
The hotel has a walkway into the services where there are several fast food outlets which is very convenient.
Upon being placed in the hotel we realised that we had been allocated a smoking room, due to not being a smoker we requested a non smoking room and they were happy to change this immediately. Nothing seemed too much trouble.
A lovely stay and a lovely hotel, couldn't find a fault with it. If I was in the area again I'd definitely stay here again. One of the best nights sleep I've ever had!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed here on a business trip with my husband, who has walking difficulties due to MS. They couldn't have been more friendly or helpful and the covered over entrance meant I could park outside, under cover whilst my husband got out. The foyer is large and very attractive.
I was very tired having had to be up and travelling from 5am over long days for the previous four days and, after taking my husband to his business meeting in Stevenage, I asked if it would be all right to sit and doze in my car outside until check-in time. The Manager (Fiona) checked that our room was ready and very kindly let me check-in for a wonderful rest there and then.
When we were checking out the following morning I noticed I had brought grass in on my feet unknowingly the previous evening, Pauline the Housekeeper was charming when I apologised for the extra work. We look forward to staying here whenever my husband has meetings scheduled in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

25th - 26th April 2013
Pleasant night's stay. Better than one of it's competitors - Travelodge
Easy check in & receptionist was very polite
Facilities and quality are in line with price paid
Clean throughout
Free car parking
Plenty of food & drink options next-door at main services, continental breakfast available from reception
My room overlooked a pretty, small reservoir

No faults

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radwell
Mercure Letchworth Hall
The George at Baldock
#1 of 4 in Baldock
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
Templars Hotel and Carvery

Been to Days Inn Stevenage North? Share your experiences!