“Per molti ma non per tutti.”
Review of Al Sorriso

Al Sorriso
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Soriso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of few 3 stars micheline guide restaurant in Italy
“Per molti ma non per tutti.”
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

This place is not just a restaurant. It's a place where you can taste a real food experience. They tell you everything about that piece of food you are putting in your mouth. It's a journey in the food taste's heaven. It deserve a visit once in a lifetime :)

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“High end Italian cuisine”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

My wife and I visited in December, which was not the best time to go, as the nearby area around Lake Orta had closed down for the season, and there was only one guesthouse we could find to stay at for the night, which was a hovel, and we froze.

The restaurant itself feels rather retro, like entering your posh grandmother's house, but we liked it for that, and the surroundings matched the service and the food. Overall, the food was very good - very high quality produce cooked to a high level. Nothing too fussy, and this isn't modern food, but some very strong and reliable flavours.

Service was very good, with the owner coming around many times, and the serving staff on top of their game. My wife and I both had the Classic menu, which was about 9 courses in the end (I guess). Highlights included the foie gras, the chicken and truffle ravioli, and the excellent cheese board.

We enjoyed our evening, but I wish we had gone in summer when the restaurant would have been busier. There were only 3 tables taken on the night we went, which was admittedly a very cold Thursday in December. It would be nice to have some hustle and bustle in the dining room.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Paice
milan, Italy
“Very pretentious restaurant with the most annoying Host ever”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My husband booked this restaurant for our wedding anniversary as it had very good reviews for its food and ambience, unfortunately we made the wrong choice.
The place is extremely old fashioned with a weary floral decor and the kind of soft music in the background that makes you think of big shopping mall, extremely depressing I would say like its fake flowers centerpieces and the floral carpet.
If you are going there for its food and you have tried haute cuisine in other places you will be disappointed as the combinations of flavours are very modest and not creative at all. However it has to be said that the quality of the single ingredients is rather good.
Out of our three-course meal we were only impressed by our desserts, in particular the different crême brulèes that came in pretty little pots and tasted absolutely divine.
Main reason why I'm writing this review is the Host, also owner of the restaurant, a very annoying person indeed. He kept chatting around with all his guests, interrupting quite frequently asking predictable questions and showing off with his languages skills whenever he had a chance. What I found offensive was how he slagged off south of Italy with loads of old clichès chatting in broken german to an old couple who probably wanted to be left alone. Unlucky for him I am from south of Italy and I do speak german. To me a professional Host shoul abstain from such a trivial behaviour and be more respectful towards guests in his restaurant.

• Visited July 2011