“First time experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Swanley
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“First time experience”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised by standard of the room, my husband has OCD & he was impressed by the cleanliness! I have arthritis and for me the mattress was too soft but I wouldn't expect a hotel to do much about that, the only other minor irritation was when we were trying to get to sleep, we could hear what we think was the pipes tapping as other people used showers or ran water, we only stayed the one night so didn't feel it was worth mentioning to the staff. Overall we'd recommend & would stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
javea
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed 3nights and as usual guaranted a good night sleep. Only downside on arrival bathroom bin was full of wipes. Always clean and everything for a good nights sleep. We'll done Premier Inn.
However breakfast at the Beefeater grill on all mornings was a disaster.(see Tripadvisor review).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Burntwood, Staffs.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Friendly staff at the Hotel and nice, clean comfortable rooms with good facilities. A great nights sleep too. The air con is fantastic. I think I was frozen during the night, a kind of suspended animation. I'm not complaining though because I've saved a day in age. The evening meal at The Bull was fantastic but my family and I wasn't too impressed with the breakfast. We went down to breakfast at 9am and felt that the bacon, sausage, hash browns etc had been pre cooked and standing too long. They were dry and hard. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed ourselves and made the most of things.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed a week whilst on business. Room exactly what you'd expect, but the service was let down by inconsistent staff and attention to detail.

1) There was really inconsistency with the team on reception with 1/2 just going through the motions with little genuine care for the customer.
2) The desk in my room wasn't stable (not ideal when you're working in the evening) and on inspection the legs were coming away from the frame
3) When the towels were changed mid week they weren't replaced - would have been more than frustrating had I jumped in the shower beforehand.

The 'Bull' beefeater next door is much the same (see separate review)

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Another very pleasant stay. Check in and check out quick and efficient. Plenty of free car parking. Stayed in Room 117, clean nice room. The window doesn't open on purpose, there is air con but I personally like fresh air, but this didn't cause my stay to be any less pleasurable. Not a lot to do around here, and I travelled to lewisham daily for work, traffic horrendous at peak times. I left at 07.15 but didn't get to the the hospital until 0830. Watch those bus lanes!
The Bull restaurant very nice indeed, the flexibility of the meal deal is so much better. Re the sweets, maybe a fruit salad option would be good as a healthy option
All staff lovely, thank you all.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Heathfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Premier Inn has 3 floors (there is a lift) so I would recommend requesting a Ground Floor room if this would be an issue.

Very pleasant, welcoming staff on Reception.

The hotel is situated next to a large chain pub which is ideal for breakfast/dining if you do not wish to venture any further. They do share the very large car park and I found finding a parking space a little tricky on a warm summer evening when the pub was busy - but this was not an issue when I returned after closing hours.

The hotel room was a comfortable size, clean, and looked recently decorated. TV and hairdryer are provided, as are tea/coffee facilities (you may need to request additional supplies as they are not generous). The bed was very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep, despite the hotel being on a main road we did not incur any noise disturbance.

This Premier Inn is located about 15mins drive to Bluewater Shopping Centre.

Room Tip: Room 206 (2nd Floor) - it did overlook the car park, but we did not have any noise disturbance
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at this Premier inn for one night. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I had to go to a meeting early morning but my wife was able to keep the room until checkout time of 12.oclock.There is a Large Asda at the top of the road and they have a small market outside the shop on a Wednesday.
There is a beefeater attached to the premier inn, we did not eat there for an evening meal, but we did have the continental breakfast which was very nice.
We would definately recommend this hotel , and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanley
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Travelodge Dartford
Travelodge Dartford
#6 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Premier Inn Swanley Hotel? Share your experiences!