“Perfect”

Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Ios
UK
“Perfect”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A hotel which is actually better than the photos. The view from my room across the pool and into the village was superb. The room was very good while the public facilities were perfect. Sal, the host, was so helpful. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. Wished I could have stayed longer and would definitely book again if I return to Ios.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at Hotel Mediterraneo for five nights in August 2013. The hotel exceeded my expectation. It was very clean and fun. My room had a balcony that faced the swimming pool. The husband and wife team were great and helpful. The hotel sits right by the town square. From there, it's a short walk to almost everything, including the port and beach nearby. So the location is super convenient.

At night the party noises can be pretty loud. All you have to do is close the sun-blocking wooden door and it'll be very quiet.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It's a very nice place. It is just into the Chora which is the most attractive zone during the evening and the night. It is also not so far from some very beautiful beaches like Mylophotas where you can spend the whole day. The rooms, specially the beds, are not so big and comfortable but it's ok as you will only have to spend few hours on them. The Most important thing is the bar where Sal, the owner of the hotel, will make you see as good coktails should always be made. So I'll recommend this hotel to everyone who is going to IOS.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Having been to Ios before I would definitely recommend hotel mediterraneo to friends and family. Located right in town, you could not get a more perfect spot. Rooms are clean and simple and ours was only a few steps away from the pool, which was amazing. And owners Stephanie and Sal were an absolute delight, always happy to answer any questions we had and up for a chat too. Stephanie picked us up and dropped us off at the port which was much appreciated. Can't wait for my next visit to Ios and my next stay at hotel mediterraneo

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel was one of best on our 3 month trip! The owners are really nice and helpful. The cocktails were great and Sal even made up a complimentary tasting plate of cheese and meat for us. The hotel is beautiful and so close to the clubs and shopping. Their dog Nana is so cute and funny! We got picked up and dropped off at the port even though they were busy doing breakfast they still found time to give us a lift down there. We didn't want to leave and we will defiantly be back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2013

A friend and I have been travelling Europe for over three months and this was our hands down favourite place. Sal is a great guy that is always good for a laugh, he was very accommodating and was doing whatever he could to make our stay enjoyable.

The pool/hammock area was the absolute best place to chill out and regroup. The hotel is also right at the main bus stop, which is in the heart of the town, so you are never far from anything.

We were actually at the hotel when the guy who wrote "worst service experience ever" was there.. He was a drunken fool. We witnessed him apologizing, hammered, for how out of line his group was acting.. I've never seen such a poor display of class at 3pm. The misfit was more suited for a campsite than the luxurious mediterraneo.. But even the campsite would probably not be stoked that he showed up.

This place is too good to have answered to this joker.

Mediterraneo is an oasis.

1 Thank 0-_bazel_-0
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Before i write this review, let me just say that this is the first poor review i have ever written, and throughout greece my group of friends and i experienced wonderful hospitality.
Upon arrival, we were no greeted in any manner whatsoever, instead the manager said straight away (without even bothering to welcome us) that we must keep quiet at nights and if we didnt, he pointed in the direction of the police station to suggest what the consequences might be. I think that if he had been nice to us from the beginning, then there would have been no bad blood, but this act of extreme rudeness set the tone and from then on it was more rudeness from there. When i asked at the bar for a cheese toastie, and then asked what the cost of that might be, he blew up at me and condescended me for asking what the price was. Other stories of terrible treatmet that our group were subjected to included them getting annoyed when one of my friends asked for a glass, and when we informed them that we wanted to leave early, they proceeded to critizise us for the amount of emails we had sent regarding organising our booking a couple of months earlier. They even had the audicity to print out these emails to show us this. In the past ive sent 20 emails back and forth between myself and hotels and never had any issues, so for these rude managers to ridicule us for sending many emails prior to our booking highlights the extent of their lowliness. In short, this hotel is nice, yes. But the couple running it are the rudest, most base people ive ever come across in my life. It would be a crime against humanity, against basic morality to stay at their place. They bring shame upon the hospitality industry.

3 Thank Jake114
meditios, Direttore generale at Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Ridiculous!!

I would like to specify that this is the first time ever that I have felt the urge to answer a review.

First of all, regarding the organisation of the booking, our intentions were never those to 'criticise' but simply to point out how, after various months of continuos emails, where they changed the number of guests, hesitated in giving us the details of a credit card and avoided the payment of a deposit during high season, we still provided their rooms.

Secondly, upon arrival, the group was larger than expected, and the 'group leader' with whom I had been exchanging emails for the past six months, was not even present.
Moreover, they insisted to have breakfast included in their stay, but once here, decided to cancel it in order to save money. They would spend the day in the bar area consuming their own food and beverages, brought from outside and had the audicity to ask us for cutlery, bowls and glasses.

In conclusion, they decided to cheack out earlier, and informed us last minute. Refusing to pay the whole stay, we reminded them that the hotel cancellation policy provides a 100% penalty and we only gave them a 50% penalty.

They have been the rudest, most disrispectful and most confused guests we have ever had staying with us and the real crime is that such individuals have the possibilty to travel the world.

Hotel Mediterraneo Ios