“Paradise”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It has to be said all of the restaurants we visited during our stay on Ios were excellent but Koumpara is just perfect. It's location is idyllic and the colours, layout, lighting, furniture and plants compliment the views perfectly. Added to this the food is also amazing, so good that after a great evening meal, we went back the next day to try lunch and the calamari is probably the best I've eaten. The service was great with staff being helpful and friendly. So if you are happy eating delicious freshly prepared food listening to the sea lapping the shore and the sun sparkling in a azure blue sky, you must visit Koumpara. I'll just have to look at my photos until I can visit again.

1  Thank Ruth D

Reviewed 11 July 2014

What can I say about this restaurant other than the fact that it's the best seafood I've ever had, in my life. I travel to Greece quite often to visit family and have eaten at many places. This place blew them all out of the water. The service is great and friendly, the view is out of this world, the atmosphere is beautiful and the food is even better! From fresh fish to seafood pasta to appetizers, this place has it all. The best fried calamari and shrimp saganaki I've ever had. It's a must!!

1  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We randomly came across this restaurant as we were touring the island by ATV, and thank goodness we did! Our meal here ended up being one of the best meals of our whole trip! I highly recommend the tomato keftedes and the Koubara salad - it's to die for!! The setting it beautiful and the staff were incredible. I can't say enough good things about this place. Go out of your way to find this place - it won't disappoint!

1  Thank Cantravelgirl85
Reviewed 2 July 2014

2nd year here
The owner remembed us, she is lovely...
All food we had was well priced ,and its just a wonderfull shabby chic setting on the beach
Fab sunset views as well
You can even go early, sunbathe and then eat
Glorious. ? ?.one of my favourite places to eat ever in Greece
Wish it was near me in London!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We are not quite sure why this is not #1 in Ios! The food is amazing, location is even better. This is a great spot to enjoy the sunset and local fresh caught seafood. The service was outstanding and the price was very fair! I would recommend everyone coming to Ios tries Koumpara!