“Great Stay”

Villa Mata
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Ios
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Enjoyed my stay here.
The place is family owned and the owner is very helpful, welcoming and friendly.
The place is close to everywhere. All food and shops near the port is a 3 minute walk, the main town is a pleasant 10 minutes walk.
Good value

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Villa Mata

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Since i booked i received a very friendly email confirming my booking and also offering to pick me up for free from the port, something ABSOLUTELY new for me, since i never receive such a welcoming confirming emails, that make you actually feel like visiting friends instead of cold hotels. But this is indeed what made my time in Ios specially nice, since the hotel staff was always friendly and looking after any detail that i may need. I recommend this hotel not just for the good location, clean and cool rooms (with air-con) but on the top of everything for the lovely staff, great people!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2013

good hotel on the beach close to the port. the stuff is friendly and the rooms & bathrooms are clean enough.
price good but again this island is cheap, so its a good choise for the backpackers.
wifi fast and parking in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Villa Mata was by far the best place we stayed on our vacation, and made Ios the most memorable time of our trip to Greece. The hotel itself has so much character and is absolutely beautiful and extremely clean. The location was perfect- steps away from a quiet beach, the port and restaurants, and also easily accessible to the bars and Mylopotas beach. On top of that, the outdoor barbecue and kitchen facilities allowed us to have a great time making dinners together at the hotel, and was a great atmosphere for meeting other guests. Lambros made us feel so much at home at Villa Mata- after only 3 days we felt like we had been there for weeks. He was extremely helpful and he helped us have an amazing time by taking us out, showing us around and hanging out with us around the hotel. Best place to stay in Ios- I wish I didn't have to leave!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Ideal location, good price, perfectly clean, warm atmosphere with friendly yet professional staff. These are just some of the qualities of Villa Mata. Having examined the reviews on the Internet first, I decided to book a room for ten nights. It was precisely what I expected. Villa Mata is located just one minute from the beach and two minutes from the port with excellent restaurants and everything you may need (tourist agencies, rent-a-car/scooter/mountain bike, exchange offices, bakery, and the such). Also, a supermarket (open until 11:00 PM) is just one minute walk from Villa Mata. My room was spacious with a big bed; I particularly loved the balcony. Everything was very clean and the staff took care of sheets and towels to be replaced on a regular basis. Finally, Lambros, the owner, was always very friendly and polite, patiently answering all my questions about Ios and Santorini (in good English), while providing me with additional suggestions (that I could not always find in “Lonely Planet”). He also helped me get an adapter for my laptop that I forgot in Athens (for which I am incredibly thankful to him; otherwise, I would not have been able to submit two papers with a deadline!). In sum, I warmly recommend this place to anyone and if I visit Ios again, Villa Mata will be my chosen destination!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed in villa mata for 8 nights in a group of 60 people. We had an amazing time there, the owners and staff were welcoming and very accomodating, the rooms were clean and the location was excellent, less than a minute walk from the beach, the port and various restaurants and cafes located there. It was the perfect place for a holiday with friends i definately reccomend it!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I've been in villa mata two times and it has been always great!! Rooms are clean, it's in front of a good beach and near to the port were you can find nice restaurants and the bus station with wich you can move very easly trough the island! I assure that is a very good place were to stay in ios,it has everything you need and people are nice,kind and helpful!

• Stayed: July 2012