Villa Mata
US$115
US$99
US$85
US$83
Homer's Inn Hotel(Ios)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$23
US$21
  • Pool
US$55
All reviewsfast wificlean roomsthe ownerbeautiful gardendef recommendfamily placegreat tipscute placecleaned every dayamazing placeoutdoor kitchenmain townsuper funplace to stayideal locationamazing greekquiet beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Villa Mata really is a home away from home! I went back to stay here this year for my SECOND time as i loved it so much. It is in a great location close to the port and supermarkets and only a short quad bike / bus ride away from the town. The small gardens and outdoor kitchens are beautiful and very peaceful to relax during the day. Last but not least the service here is FANTASTIC! Lambros really makes you feel welcome from the second you walk in to Villa Mata and he is always there to help with anything you need. I highly recommend this place and i will be staying there when i go back for my third time !

Reviewed 7 August 2013

(Sorry for my english, I'm from Milano) I stayed in Villa Mata from 24 July to 3 August with my friends: I think that if you haven't been at Villa Mata, you haven't really been in Ios! The place is very nice, with many plants and a delicious common kitchen. The rooms are perfectly clean! The position is convenient: you cross the road and you're arrived at Yialos Beach, you walk along the street and you find the harbour, restaurants, car/moto/quad rentals, the coach station and a Carrefour Supermarket; close to Villa Mata starts also the path to the Village. But the best reason to stay in Villa Mata is the owner: Lambros Karasoulas, whose kindness accompanies you during your journey, always reliable and very funny; he manages Villa Mata with his wonderful sister Georgia, who's ready to give you infos whenever you need. I really can't find any reason not to go here when on holiday to Ios!

Room Tip: If you want quietness, ask for upstairs rooms. If you prefer looking for relationships, ask for ground floor
Reviewed 2 August 2013

It is difficult to put to words exactly how helpful and impressive Villa Mata is. Lambros and his family are amongst the most hospitable people I have ever met. The rooms are spotlessly clean and wifi is quick and readily available. The positioning is convenient as it is only a two minute walk from restaurants near the port and a ten minute walk up the hill to the main city center. The only downside is that in can get a bit loud in the early hours of the morning, however, when travelling to Ios you must expect incessant partying. To reiterate, an amazing place and I would most certainly stay here again when travelling to Ios.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

a magnificent place and LAMBROS is the best greek ever! GO TO VILLA MATA IF YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN! the place is very close to the village and to the harbour as wll. Then there is no noise outside so your sleep will be extremely deeply! What I would like to add is that there was a huge hospitality by lambros and his family. I felt as at home.
Go there as soon as you can

1  Thank Federico C
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I came here with 2 of my friends for a week´s holiday and Villa mata was great. Lambros is really helpful and friendly, came to pick us up from the port on the first night and was usually around. We had air con, the rooms were cleaned regularly and we got new towels when we needed them too. I would have liked to have had a bin though but using a bag was fine. There are decent kitchen and bbq facilities and the buildings are just really pretty with a fun atmosphere. There are plenty of shops nearby for souvenirs and food, reasonable restaurants, and it´s right by a lovely beach. I wouldn´t really recommend going if you want a good night´s sleep though, it was full of other 18 year olds and apparently there was a retired couple bothered by our ´incessant partying´!

Room Tip: if you´re getting a room for 3, check whether 2 of you will have to share
1  Thank Emily R