• Great location, two minute walk from all the bars and the supermarket
• Lovely pool and sunbathing area
• George is really attentive – our toilet seat was broken when we arrived and within two hours he had a new toilet seat and had fitted it for us
• The guy who’s wife works at Thai Smile (sorry I cant remember his name!) is really nice for a chat
• I felt the hostel could have promoted things to do on Ios more than they did. We were told about no attractions other than the main beach. We only found out about manganari beach from other guests (who had not been, but had heard of it) and when I asked Georges wife about it she said it was a must see and that there were regular buses every hour. My boyfriend and I arrived at the bus stop to find out that there was only one bus a day to this beach which was really disappointing as we could have made it , if we had been told the correct information. George also described it as “the most beautiful beach on the island” so it is a shame that they did not advertise this in the hostel.
• Although this hostel appears sociable, we found it hard as a couple to “fit in” and found it quite cliquey. A lot of other guests were there in groups or were staff that had come from various countries to work in Ios for the summer.However, all the groups seemed to socialise well when pre-drinking so I think its more of a "group friendly" hostel.
• We had a room at the back of the hostel (possibly room 18..I cant quite remember) and we found the hostel behind (hotel sunrise) had a REALLY loud bar and really loud guests. This is obviously no fault of Marcos but just be aware that if you go to Ios it is a party island and if you want to sleep its not always easy! The bars don't open til 12 in Ios so everyone tends to pre-drink in their hotels til about 1am or later so it can be pretty loud between 12-1.30 especially. We really enjoyed going out in Ios but we couldn't afford to go out every night which is why we had this problem. If you intend on going out every night then you wont be affected by this!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marcos Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.