“Steps to the Aegean”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Peter P
“Steps to the Aegean”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We had an amazing stay at the Athina Villa. The pictures portray it accurately and we were not disappointed. The pool was a bonus although I preferred taking a minute walk to swim in the Aegean. I felt that we had our own private piece of paradise.

Things I should point out are that the final short road to the villa is the steepest I've ever encountered. Have a vehicle or be in good shape. The fifth person sleeps on the couch which was not a pull out couch, but it was long enough for me at 190cm. Finally the music from the beach parties can go into the wee hours of the morning.
Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat....

Date of stay: May 2017
Bob_SharT...
Ontario, Canada
“Ios odyssey”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

our 6 day family stay at the 2 bedroom Athina Villa in Ios was memorable and relaxing. This location and its large oceanside property is quiet and stunningly beautiful, sitting on a south-facing hillside with a private rock cove below to swim and snorkel from as well as the infinity pool. The well hidden and secluded "Kolitzani" beach is just a 10 minute hike away. From the villa, our daughters, 22 and 25, could walk to and from the main town up the hill for coffee, or at night for the great Ios nightlife, while we sat on the full wrap-around back patio terrace, outfitted with a large round table and 4 chairs, 2 comfy sun chairs, and a small barbeque. The terrace sits high up next to a local artist's sprawling multi-level estate, and it gets sun all day, looking over the endless and breathtaking expanse of the Aegean Sea and distant islands. The bustling and hip Milipotas Beach is a 20 min walk on a donkey path. The villa itself looks to be artist-decorated: Athina seems to have thought of every little artistic touch, from trendy light fixtures, modern furnishings, elegant cabinetry, and even hand-chosen smooth rocks to hold the doors open to let the hillside air move around the house.
Our host Gail met us upon drop-off and could not have been more welcoming and informative. She looked after our every need by email or phone during the trip, like a virtual concierge- she even brought us fresh eggs from her own chickens. She assisted us with the car rental and several great food recommendations; we saw the warm May sunset each night from our terrace, the church on the Town's mountaintop, or at the stunning "Liostasi" hillside martini bar. The maid service was prompt and thorough each day. This is a great couples or family villa destination - and the charming and helpful hosting assistance from Gail made the trip perfect for us!
Kudos to her and to Athina for such a homey, spotless and comfortable house, at a property which clearly was a lifelong labour of love for Athina. We will be back - Soon, we hope!
Bob/Sharon and girls

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
licuspost...
Philadelphia, Tennessee
“Surpasses the Imagination-This place stole my Heart-I will return again and again”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I booked this Villa through their website 6 months before we left for Ios, Greece. Athina was very personable and we communicated via email just about once to twice a month to hammer out any details we needed, regarding renting transportation while we were on the island to arranging a taxi from the port to the villa. Athina took care of it all!

Upon arrival the taxi picked us up and we met Gail (our local liaison provided by the villa). Gail was amazing! She brought maps and brochures of all the local restaurants and important sites. She drove us to rent Quad bikes and even brought us fresh eggs from her chickens the next morning. Also they have a maid (Ava) that comes by once a day and takes care of all the linens, sweeps and mops, and takes away the garbage.

The pictures do not do this property justice! The villa is about double the size I had imagined it. It is beautiful inside and out. The landscaping is well managed and the pool is a welcomed addition on hot days. The 360 degree view is breathtaking and you can see the northern point of Santorini from the deck as well as a wonderful view of Mylapotas Beach. There is access to the Sea via a path and staircase just below the pool (which is where we spent many days sunbathing on the rocks). The water is so still and translucent, it truly is like heaven on earth. The beds are also very comfortable and the A/C works great!

Gail pointed out several restaurants that we should try while we were there. I am not exaggerating when I say that "Every one of them was the best food I have ever had!"
The Town of Chora is easily accessible and is absolutely stunning and very clean. The people are all extremely friendly and helpful and most speak some English. There are several restaurants and clubs in the town, there is something to do no matter what your age!

All I can say is this, If you honestly have a chance to book this villa, DO IT!
You will not be disappointed in the least. Ios, Greece is one of the most beautiful places on earth and this villa is wonderfully located. Everywhere you look is like a postcard from heaven. The people are wonderful, the villa is amazing, and the setting is breathtaking.

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions. There is much more I can write but I just don't have enough time.

Date of stay: September 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful Property, Friendly and Helpful Staff, Private access to the Sea, Great Pool, Everything about this place is amazing!
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
DebiOulu
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Stylish and comfortable with tremendous charm.”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

As with any booking, I am always suspicious of the photos of the place, accurately portraying the property. In this case I was surprised by how much the actual property surpassed the pictures. There are three units to rent each with different number of rooms. We booked the two bedroom villa. We were constantly amazed at the attention to detail. A rare combination of style, design, comfort and practicality. Each villa has its own distinct charm, yet they are all very comfortable, relaxed Greek style architecture and design, yet with every comfort necessary for a perfect holiday. I liked how each Villa, while being close to each other, felt completely private, and all with amazing views. While I was there, I checked out the two others for future reference, and each is amazing. My personal favorite was the one bedroom villa, but I would gladly stay in any of them, depending on how many rooms we would need. The place is extremely well kept. Gail who met us at the boat, and took us to the place was very warm and helpful. The cleaning woman was very kind as well. While the sheets and towels were not changed during our stay (only three nights), the cleaning woman did come every day to straighten up the place. The semi-private beach was paradise on earth, with the crystal clear waters and the big rocks to sunbath on. We rented a small car when we saw the hill we would have to hike up to get to town, and we were glad we did so, although if you are a good walker and into up hills, its not far at all to town or to the sandy beach. We personally loved laying on the rocks at the semi-private beach below the villa. When I heard that Athena herself decorated and designed the villas, I think I fell a bit in love with her, even though we have never met or spoken. :-)

Date of stay: July 2015
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Lize C
Cape Town, South Africa
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 5 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We were looking for a beautiful place to relax and get a taste of the island lifestyle. We weren't disappointed....From our warm reception, beautiful accommodation and breathtaking scenery. Every day was an amazing experience. Very centrally located and within walking distance from town and beach. A scooter or rental car would be preferable if walking is not your thing or if you have children. Very well equipped with all the essentials.
Just bring yourself and prepare to relax...

Date of stay: May 2015
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.