“I can finally say I've had a bad meal in Crete!”
Review of Faros

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 4 May 2014

What an over all terrible experience this place was. So rarely have I strayed from eating meze style whilst in this neck of the woods, but the gang & I had decided to just grab a quick bite here...what a mistake. Two of us asked for gyros, one a simple omelette and I ordered lamb souvlaki. what we got was two plates of gyros meat, complete with hard as a rock pita (i literally almost broke a plate banging the pita against it), a severely underdone, tasteless omelette and one small stick of lamb with rice and soggy, cold chips (i had asked for salad). the food took 45 minutes to get to the table, and another twenty minutes to get the bill, where upon two plain baked potatoes were thrown on the table (as a treat). well, at least it was incredibly expensive.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Ordered garlic bread which was if slices of garlic-y bread, huge! And the pastas are quiet large, the Fargo pasta is delicious, good service, reasonable prices. Down the other end of the beach so it's a bit out of the action and not the best atmosphere for a dining experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I've never had a more appalling restaurant experience in all my life.
My two friends and I ordered a club sandwich, a tuna salad and a pasta bake- dishes that you would not expect to take that long to prepare. After waiting over half an hour for some food the tuna salad arrived. It consisted of tomatoes, egg, and tuna and was covered in onion and swimming in an awful mary rose sauce. My friend waited for our food which did not appear to arrive. After another half an hour the club sandwich and the pasta bake was brought to the table. My sandwich was not toasted and was made with stale bread. The so called bacon that I was paying an extra 1.50 for was rubber ham from a packet. The chips were the worst- totally uncooked and drenched in oil. I was so repulsed after the first bite that I couldnt eat any more. My friends pasta bake 'special' was dry spaghetti with a crusty lump of cheese on top. She too tasted it but was immediately turned off. After sitting again for some time waiting for assistance the waitress arrived to see if everything was ok. I told her that the food was terrible and that we would not be eating it. Without responding she left the table never to return. Waiters continued to move around us, going to other tables but obviously avoiding us. After at least 25 more minutes a waiter arrived and we explained the situation again. He went away and came back to say that an assistant chef had cooked the food and that it wasn't done properly and laughed awkwardly before walking off again, still leaving our food on the table. By this time we were quite impatient and asked for the bill another twenty minutes later. We watched as he went to speak to a more senior member of staff.The waiter returned with the bill which had all food accounted for. We called him back to say simply that we would pay for the salad and the water but not the sandwich and the pasta. He left again and returned a while later with a response that we were absolutely appalled by. He said ''I SPOKE TO MY MANGAGER AND HE SAID VERY BAD WORDS AND YOU ARE NEVER WELCOME BACK HERE AGAIN, LEAVE!'' We were horrified by this unbelievably rude service. As we tried to speak to them when we stood up they led us to the door, shouting. I have never been so humiliated in all my life. Upon speaking to a few people afterwards we found out that the kitchen is known to be filthy. Being a waitress myself and having first hand experience on how a restaurant is run I can safely say that this restaurant does not deserve to be up and running. The employees have no idea how to deal with situations in a professional manner and have no clue about customer service. The food was just unacceptable. I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE ANYBODY NEVER TO EAT HERE!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 12 July 2013

very tasty hamburgers and also pita gyros. you shoud taste the pita kebab!!!!!very big portion of spaghetti.free wi-fi!!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Went there for the pizza! Was dry, very little toppings, no flavour what so ever... The staff were nice and other meals may have been ok but scrap the pizzas they cant make them at all!