“Disappointing choice”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I took the day's menu and it was not a smart choice.
The only good thing was the starter, a salad with corsican delicatessen.
The main course was supposed to be a corsican stew of beaf - meat not enough cooked, hard to chew and no sign of the sauce on the spaghetti that came along.
The dessert was the funnier part - an apple cake that got reversed by the waiter. While he put it back in the plate, he hesitated replacing it. The new portion that I got was hard as if stayed in the fridge for days, no sight of moist or sugar.
Definitely not recommending it.

2  Thank Cristiana C

Reviewed 6 July 2014

During our two weeks holiday in Calvi, one evening my wife and I decided to have Dinner at this Restaurant, what a big mistake!.. Although has an excellent position, (on a small square in front of the church), the quality of the food and the service that we had was absolutely terrible!

We chose the "Menu Paella" and after waiting for a considerable time to be served, we assumed that the Paella was being cooked to order. In our dreams..... when the Paella arrived, it was very clear that had been pre-cooked and it was the worst Paella that we have had the misfortune to be served in over 30 years! At this stage we made the mistake not to pay for the wine and leave! When we pointed out our disappointment to the young waiter, he reacted as if he was almost offended.

In our opinion, this Restaurant is taking advantage of their position in town and are only interested in your cash and nothing else! If it wasn't for the large number of tourists visiting Calvi, this Restaurant would have no customers, that is for sure!

I would recommend to fellow tourisst visiting Calvi, to stay away from this place.

1  Thank italian186422
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went here thinking it had been recommended. It hadn't. But it looked appealing, and the patio area had cooling fans that said "sit here, and you will be rewarded with great local food". Service was quite good, and the choices seemed quite varied. I was persuaded to try the suckling pig. OK. But the Corsican salad was actually very nice (starter). Nice Pietra (the chestnut containg local brew) and rose wine was also nice. The dessert included the Fiadone (baked cheesecake made from Brocciu) which was also nice. Overall it was quite good.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This one of these huge outdoor covered restaurants. On the face if it tourist but actually good. I enjoyed the set menu, sevice good and the house wine excellent. give it a go.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were the first customers of the day in this great spot next to the church, right on a pedestrian street. Sunny but a bit windy day. I thought we would be in for a great meal, with the fresh goat cheese salad - wonderful. Bread was crusty and perfect. The local sparkling water was even better than Peligrino, my usual favorite. The waiter even let me use his personal wifi from his phone as the restaurant didn't have any. Then came the mains - disappointing. I had the sauteed veal that appeared lost in linguini. Nice flavor, but, meh. Nothing special. My wife had the lamb brochette, and it was tough without a hint of the honey marinade promised. Few zucchini sauteed that were ok, and some mashed potatos. We had good gelato across the street!