Stayed here for 5 nights in May with my partner and had a good time. As the reviews suggest it is quite expensive, but not outrageous.
Getting there is about au$50 by taxi from the airport, however we later found out the hotel has their taxi service for around au$30.
Hotel itself is very nice and enjoys a fantastic position on the seaside with great views in all directions. The grounds are well maintained and there is a small 50m private beach right out front which is okay for a dip and the heated pool is also very good.
Service here is very good for the most part, we found all staff very helpful and most spoke quite good English which made it easier for us. Only mishap was we were overcharged a number of times in the restaurant.. Around $200 all up which we cleared in the end but I'd recommend double checking your bill!
Food standard was below par for a Sofitel, nothing we ate was overly impressive and it was also quite expensive. Cocktails were also pretty average.
The day spa is massive at this place with many treatments available and they also have free saunas for use also.
The room we had was lovely, great views over the ocean and you can always hear the waves lapping away at the shores which was really relaxing.
The hotel is bit isolated so it's best to hire a car to get around as there isn't anything within walking distance, you can hire push bikes to get down to the local markets which takes about 10mins but that's about it.
All in all a pleasant stay. Go if you're after a secluded retreat where you don't plan to leave the resort and just enjoy the spa facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing Ajaccio Bay and the Sanguinaires Islands, Corsica provides a stunning setting for the hotel and its thalassotherapy institute. With unrestricted views of sky, sea and rocks, the hotel boasts a small private beach, where guests can sunbathe and swim in total peace, plus a large outdoor pool . This is simply heaven. The ideal setting for long holidays or short and memorable healthy breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Golfe d'Ajaccio Thalassa Sea and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Thalassa Porticcio Hotel Porticcio
- Sofitel Porticcio
- Accor Thalassa Porticcio
- Porticcio Sofitel
- Sofitel Golfe D'Ajaccio Thalassa Sea And Spa Corsica/Porticcio