Littariccia
US$391
Kilina Hotel(Porto-Vecchio)
US$101
Les Hauts de Porto Vecchio(Porto-Vecchio)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$133
  • Pool
Hotel Residence du Pont de L'Oso(Lecci)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
Le Roc e Fiori Hotel(Porto-Vecchio)
US$194
US$269
US$260
US$1,205
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2009

My brother and I spent few days in Littariccia in May, and then went back there in June. Despite the reviews I have read, we found the owner's manner extremely considerate and friendly, and the whole staff was always polite. The location is amazing, and we greatly enjoyed being served our delicious breakfast with freshly baked baguette and homemade marmalade on the main terrace, facing the whole Palombaggia green and blue landscape. We found the house rules very simple to follow, and I guess they were written for those who think that keeping the noise level low is not necessary. The second time we stayed there, there was a large family with a group of kids, aged between 1 and 12, and they could enjoy the stay as much as we did, nobody looked bothered by what I think is normal with such young guests - a little lively voices. Therefore, I guess the rules apply to those who are able to control themselves, and let the kids be kids. The lacy who runs and owns the place was very helpful as we askd her to show us some trails for hiking, she gave us a precious map (very hard to find anywhere else) and she spoke to us in french, italian and a little english, showing no sign of impatience. Bilitis as well, really helped us when we needed some extra care or cleaning, and sh was always very simply friendly, no ceremonies but that's what we appreciate the most. It is right, you should have a car if you go there, but this is pretty much what COrsica is about, not only Littariccia. The parking spots, being the parking lot not too big, have to be precisely used, and I don't think there is anything weird about it.The architecture work in remodeling the place was very simple but beautiful, and yes, there are no lights when you go back to your room, bu this is how you can see the stars so close.
I would certainly reccomend to go, I actually have spread the word a lot, and I hope I can go there soon, with my friends, family, mi little boy or even alone, to enjoy the lovely swimming pool and the amazing view.
Also, there are some apartments, meaning that they have a kitchen, I was in one of them, so just choose one f them instead of a room. And you will probably also get a private patio together with the apartment.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank giogambone
Reviewed 29 August 2009

After reading the great review Littarica recieved in Lonely Planet I decided to book this B&B for 2 nights. Myself and my boyfriend were really looking forward to it, however we were bitterly disappointed. We phoned in the morning to ask what time we could check in at. Thinking that the norm was around 11am/midday we were surprised when the girl said that we couldn't arrive before 3pm! We decided to go to the beach for the day and at around 3pm we headed up to the B&B. When we arrived we were left waiting outside the box of a reception in the afternoon heat for 15 minutes before a very unfriendly man appeared without a shirt and smoking a cigarette - not a great first impression for somewhere that isn't cheap and is supposed to be idyillic. Like the previous reviews he didn't even say hello and when I asked him in French how he was, cava? he just ignored me. We went to our room - the blue room which was a twin, as this was all that was left when we booked. It was really nothing special at all and despite having 4 hours to get the room ready for us the bed had still not been made. The decor was basic, with some very questionable art work and there was no air con - we had 2 very sweaty and uncomfortable nights sleep with a fan that kept cutting out. There was also no mirror which isn't a biggie but it meant I couldn't even put on my make-up and do my hair in the privacy of my own room. We also had to share a shower room and toliet with all the other guests that was completely bare - there was not even a complimentary bar of soap/shampoo or plastic cups so you could rinse your mouth out. The man asked us to familiarise ourselves with the 'house rules' and then left without even saying enjoy your stay or if you have any problems or need anything you can find me here - in fact there was no telephone in the room and if anything serious had happened we had no idea in which house on the grounds the owner or the staff lived - they clearly didnt want to be bothered. We decided to leave the unpacking and go and relax next to the pool - but relax we could not as everywhere we turned there were signs telling you what you could and could not do. For exapmle - you were not allowed too wear shoes/flip flops next to the pool despite the wooden decking being so hot that it practically took the skin off your feet. There were instructions on how to have a shower so to leave the room clean for the next person - eh I don't think I need a bullet point guide on how to be considerate. Other signs asked you to keep the noise down at all times. This made me feel that I had to whisper and I felt really sorry for a mum and her baby boy who were in the pool. The little boy was having lots of fun making silly noises blowing into the water but his mum because of the signs felt obliged to keep telling her son to shhhhh - he's just a kid! All these signs made the place feel like a mini military zone. Then to top it all off we went to our car to go out for dinner on the second night and there was another sign under our windscreen wiper telling us to move our car over a bit so a third car could get in! The staff didnt even have the politeness to come and speak with us - how rude.
Im not sure what has gone wrong with Littarica - perhaps they think that since they have a good review in Lonely Planet that they are invincible? Maybe the review that states that the pool area looks like a photo shoot out of Vogue has gone to their heads? It certainbly seems that way as all the people that worked there all had a real attitude about them. There is no personal touch in this B&B whatsoever! - the staff are rude and dismissive and if they don't get their act in gear - good lonely planet review or not - this place will not last very long and they will only have themselves to blame! I would not recomend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emmainegypt
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I would not recommend staying at this place. It is overpriced if you are looking for a backpacking/pension experience, and horribly underserviced and under-amenitied if you are looking for anything else.

It has a spectacular view. Theoretically, the location is amazing (near beaches), but the beaches are not within reasonable or safe walking distance (ie: we tried to walk to the beach and gave up after 35 minutes because it looked like we had at least another 15 to go on non-pedestrian safe roads). Unfortunately, there are also not really any restaurants or evening spots within walking distance, no food or drink offered on location, and no real facilities (at least if you are staying in the Inn part) to prepare your own meal or eat it. There was a lovely little epicerie down the driveway from Littariccia (about a 10 minute walk), but no where to eat your purchases, and one very expensive restaurant attached to another hotel ("l'O") within 10 minutes walking (dinner for 2 + bottle of house wine = approx. 120 Euros). That was it.

The staff of Littariccia was also unavailable and unhelpful (no one there upon our arrival at check-in time), and were curt in most interactions (and we spoke French, it appeared that those who did not had a worse time of it). There are churlish rules signs posted everywhere and printed up in the rooms. The website pictures wildly exaggerate the pool which is very small. The glowing recommendation given in the Lonely Planet guides (which together with the website inspired us to go there) was entirely undeserved.

Another key thing to note - most of the rooms in the Inn part are in the basement. Small slit windows, no real light. Also, no A/C. We were told there was A/C, but in my opinion a small rotating desk fan does not equal A/C. . .

The experience may have been different in the Villas, but I could not otherwise recommend the Littariccia. Certainly to be avoided if you are a traveller that likes walking anywhere - particularly in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2009

It may be the cold welcome that turned us off right from the beginning... We arrived at 4pm to an empty/locked reception 'hole' and there was already a couple waiting for someone to check us in. After a short wait, a young lady arrived and "greeted" us saying "you all arrived at the same time?" then literally gave us the order to follow her...hello?!!!? She just walked us to our "apricot" room and gave us some more instructions...after a few minutes, she made us move our car unecessarily...just as rough as the unpaved pathway that brings to the bed and breakfast. She really made us want to leave the place immediately!

The room is cute but definitely not as nice as the pics and description on the website...so is the swimming pool area. There's no light that lead to the room (so be very careful with the stairs at night!). Breakfast was very very minimal: one glass of orange juice per person, fresh bread only for the 1st day (the 2nd consisted of crackers and toast bread that wasn't toasted), one square of butter per person, and very sugary jam, a hot drink...(had we known, we wouldn't have bothered fighting to get breakfast included in the rate: Bilitis confirmed our reservation as 3 breakfasts included daily in our triple room; then a week before our arrival, she reconfirmed saying there's actually only one breakfast included per day. She finally agreed to include breakfast when we didn't give in because it's what the website and original confirmation said)...Anyhow, the room has no TV, no toilet paper holder (the toilet paper is in a box on the floor), no soap or shampoo, no safety deposit box, and does NOT lock. The bed and breakfast is far away from everything: 13km from Porto Vecchio (it takes at least 20mn drive because of the windy roads) and no restaurant or any stores within walking distance. The beautiful view from the terrasse is the only thing worth noting of Littariccia. The area is gorgeous! We'd love to go back but would definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank heiranig
Reviewed 29 June 2008

On the hills over Palombaggia beach, at the end of a path, you get to Littariccia, nice B&B. The view is exceptional, there is a nice overflow pool, nice atmosphere, just go there !

Stayed: June 2008