“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Porto-Vecchio
Cagliari, Italy
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for a few days at the start of our honeymoon, I would say it the best 4 Star Hotel I have stayed in, the service was excellent, the room lived up to the hotel sites website pictures and the view from the terrace and Pool were stunning. There are a few negative comments about the restaurant being 5 mins away but its really not a big deal and the food was excellent (memorable Magret de Canard). Although not the cheapest option it was worth it and I would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Definitely get a sea view room (most are) as the view of Santa Giulia Bay is stunning.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
PAris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Agreat journey, in this charming hotel with an amazing view and received by a lovely team !!
We were there in order to enjoy the Corsica reviera near Port Vecc, and we were not disapointed by the place and the hotel !!! Many thanks for all !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nezric
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed for a week in mid May and were blessed with sunshine every day, which enhanced the stunning view from the balcony over the bay.

Most of the staff were very helpful, and one (Cloe) even spoke decent English. They always tried to help and were friendly at all times.

The room was a good size, modern, clean and very comfortable. Breakfasts were a decent cold buffet. Wifi was a little unreliable but not too bad.

Finding the hotel will probably be the only trouble you have here, but part of its appeal is that it's very quiet and off the beaten track.

I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The rooms were good and the view was great. Nothing more, nothing less.

The roof terrace has a magnificant view, however, the swimming pool (a black hole) is slightly awkward. The water is very hot and the shape makes it awkward when there are other guests in it as well (small and no corners to relax at).

When we stayed there, there was a lovely Italian girl at the desk helping us out, she made our stay very nice. However, other staff members seemed to be more selfoccupied and made it feel like a impersonal hotel.

Yet, I would still recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very nice location with view to the bay of Santa Guilia. Rooms very well designed and perfectly cleaned every day. We spent some evenings on the balcony or the terrace at the pool because of the great sunsets there. Breakfast costs are very high.....we did not have any during our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Second stop on our Corsican trip. A bit hard to find (just keep climbing the Palombagio road!) First impressions, modern, great location, design and luxurious compared to the surrounding offerings. Felt relieved to arrive and were welcomed heartily. It definitely helped that I spoke French. Our room was large, clean and modern. Nice size terrace with a terrific view of the bay of Palombaggio. The pool upstairs was a bit weird, looked like a black hole and would probably skip breakfast. Walking distance from beach. Feels good after a long drive to get a comfortable room. Of the three week trip it was one of our favorite hotels. If I could put our stay into one word,I would have to say, soothing. Lovely to hang out on the terrace at night and watch the sunset with a nice whiskey.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sofia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I watched with quite a significant degree of apprehension as this hotel took a major beating on Tripadvisor after I made my reservation.

After staying, however, I must say I am quite happy about the place. We stayed at a double at the hotel part (I notice most of the reviews come from villas). The room was excellent in almost all respects - nice, simple and modern decoration, excellent airconditioning, large modern TV set, large terrace with nice view, and lastly a very usefull electric window blind that protects both against any noise and the afternoon sun, should you be a siesta fan like myself.

The place is really quiet and pristine - I think this has been the concept behind it, so if you want evening fun you need to drive either to nearby Porto-Vecchio or to Bonifacio. We liked the evening life of Bonifacio, an austere fortress old town, with a nice millionaire-yacht marina, laced with restaurants and cafes. You can take the ferry from Bonifacio and spend a day on the Costa Smeralda in Sardinia. I would also definitely recommend to drive up the mountain and see the Needles of Bavella - a spectacular set of rocky peaks. As regards beaches - I was not impressed - the nearest good (but really average by my standards) beach is Palombaggia (about 15 min. drive).

Back to the hotel - to enjoy the place you definitely need a car. In fact this goes for most of Corsica.

Nearby there are two excellent restaurants at the Santa Giulia marina - one a really good gourmet place, and the other a hippy, unpretentious beach restaurant run by a young, but really capable team (unfortunatelly I can't remember either one's name, but you cannot miss them).

The negatives - for me the number one negative was the glass bathroom door, which offerred absolutely no "noise" protection. We had to ask each other to go out on the terrace in order to use the bathroom, without being self-conscious. I don't know how, but the owner must fix this issue, as it is really embarassing. Secondly at a price of about EUR 250 per night I found the offer reasonable. I probably would not have stayed there if the asking price was EUR 400 per night.

As regards the service, I would not be as harsh as the others who have commented - yes it is slightly amateurish, but good natured and I found this charming and personable. As regards the breakfast indeed it was quite repetitive, but the products were fresh and high quality. We stayed for 5 night, and for this period of time it didn't bother me.

Overall this is a great, quiet place, and you should definitely consider it if coming to Corsica, but you must have a car, stay at the hotel itself and look for a deal that is in the EUR 200-250 range.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple