“Our 2nd visit to Mulhouse”

Holiday Inn Mulhouse
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Mulhouse
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed overnight on the 21st of May This was our 2nd visit to this Hotel We stayed here september 2011 having booked for one night but we liked the modern hotel and food in the restaurant so much that we stayed for 3 nights Last year I think this hotel won a trip advisor award?
This year was a big disappointment The room had a large stain below the window which looked like dried vomit I rang down to reception they sent an housekeeper to check who said Oh they have been cleaning the windows and left a mess? God knows what was on the windows then? I told reception that I wasn't happy and would like a different room so that this room could then be cleaned properly for the next guest Reception said sorry the Hotel is fully booked!! After a few heated words and a reminder that I had booked this room earlier in the year and that I would like her name and Head Office number to contact I was shown to a new clean room!! We then went down to Flo to eat there was only 12 people in the restaurant a far cry from 2 years ago The food was a total disappointment tough steak the frites had been cooked at least 3 times dreadful So sad that a Restaurant can go from really good to bad so quickly I think that the staff and management have had such good reports that they are resting on their laurels and losing all attention to detail that they had before!! The powers that be should check this Hotel and Flo management should check the restaurant out before it is too late
Sue Brooks

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear suebroo,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping, customer service and food selection. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Mulhouse

Reviewed 6 May 2013

... seems that the prior reviews that mentioned the puzzle that is finding the entrance were NOT exaggerated - eventually we got there after asking one or two locals along the short distance from the motorway to the hotel. On arrival we mentioned this to the receptionist who was a little less than sympathetic to our cause. The room was per the norm for Holiday Inn, did not take breakfast so no comment here. There was a bistro attached to the hotel which seemed worth a try, may do next time. The balance of customer service was turned in the Hotel's favour on checkout - the receptionist was cheerful and explained that the issue with poor sign posting to the hotel was a problem that could not be improved due to the local council's policy of minimal use and size of signs. So if we had received this explanation on our arrival the overall experience would have felt a lot better, ....first impressions ...... etc, etc. So for those who need the tip - as you enter rue Paul Cezanne, the hotel is 200 meters along on the right hand side but the sign is more akin to those on a UK 70's industrial estate, so a long list of every shop etc in the same cul-de-sac. Hope this helps..... as the hotel IS actually ideally located for a stop-over.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BGuillaumeD
Holiday-Inn-Mulhouse, Responsable réception at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

We thank you for having taken time to express your opinion on our establishment.
We are sorry that the explanations are not given to you from your arrival.
We hope to see you again very soon in our hotel for a stay.

Holiday Inn Mulhouse team

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We booked a family room for the 17.02.13. Our party included two adult and two children. I have used the Holiday Inn chain my times as their standard are always very high. We arrived after a long drive from north Germany and on arrival meet with a warm welcome. Our family room was issued to us and we promptly went upstairs. On arriving at our family suite room 403 we found a double bed and a sofa in another room which did not fold down. I returned to the reception to explain this and was told that I had made a mistake, so back up to the room to once again,still to find no way of sleeping our family. Back to the reception again to discuss this problem, just to be offered another room at double the cost, I explained that this was not acceptable as I had booked a family room suitable for our size of party, once again I was left with the pay double or find a way to fit four bodies into a space for two. Back up to the room to discuss the options with my family and again back to the reception to try and find a solution. After demanding to speak to the manager the solution found.. We had been issued the wrong room which should have been 503. This took 4 trips to the reception over 30 minutes of discussion and a manager to find the problem. That's the way to lose customers as we will never return to this place..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sandy M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Sandy M,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

First impression was the hotel was difficult to find - we could see it but could not get there! Second impression, the hotel has its own parking - at a cost of 12 Euros! Give me a break, there is ample free parking directly in front of the hotel. When we arrived at reception it was deserted and after hanging around for a while I went into the back office where I was greeted with less than enthusiasm. The room was perfectly acceptable. Breakfast was a joke. We wanted no more than coffee and toast but the hotel charges 16 Euros per person for breakfast - take it or leave it. Not the best hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear Derek R,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Katie J

Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for one night on the road to Alsace. It's perfectly near motorway between Burgundy and Alsace, near Germany, Switzerland. Colmar is 30-minutes drive. Mulhouse center is in 5-7 minutes
There is free parking near hotel and also private hotel indoor parking.
The hotel itself has very modern design. Rooms are comfortable. Bathroom is very nice with big space for shower.
We were served continental breakfast in the lobby. It was rather simple: coffee and croissant. Anyway there is opportunity to take standard buffet in the restaurant.
There are two restaurants for dinner inside: Le Brasserie and Hyppopotamus.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I arrived late in at night and the check-in was very friendly and efficient. Within a minute I was on my way to the room which was large and comfortable. In the morning I found out it had a nice view as well. Breakfast was ok, but nothing special. Check-out was fast and friendly. If I need a hotel in this area, I will definitly come back !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My wife and kids and I stopped here for a night in September on our way from Geneva to Europa Park in Rust, Germany. The hotel is new and modern, with good facilities. We had a family suite - two rooms, connected by a private hallway - which was very good indeed for a family of 5; comfortable beds and clean, and the price was very reasonable. Breakfast was a simple continental breakfast but fine. The kids loved the hotel swimming pool which is a big plus. My only complaint is that the reception staff did not have a clue on local advice to give (eg public transport into town, which is important as the hotel is way out of the town centre....) and did not show any great desire to help either; hopefully that will improve over time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Holiday-Inn-Mulhouse, Responsable réception at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Your comments help us to improuve time after time our services.

Holidayin Inn Mulhouse team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mulhouse
Best Western Hotel De La Bourse
#4 of 25 in Mulhouse
Ibis Budget Mulhouse Dornach
Golden Tulip Mulhouse Basel
Ibis Mulhouse Centre Filature

Been to Holiday Inn Mulhouse? Share your experiences!