“Extraordinar!!!!”

Le Parc Hotel Restaurant & Spa
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Obernai
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's one the best choices to escape from daily routine to enjoy the silence of rural places. Clean, nice and sweet. There is 2 swimming pool, intern and extern, spa, fitness and outside terraces. Recommended!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cristina R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

For those looking at a suitable place to stay in the Alsace region I would encourage to read this review as well as others that weren’t 4+ on the scale. It might save you some hassle down the road. That said, my story/review below.

Initially, my inclination would of been to give Le Parc Hotel a rating of 3 or 3.5. It’s a nice hotel with a nice feel and the rooms were very clean. Staff service was ok if not great. Nothing to be upset about but not anything special. Again, maybe a 3.5 out of 5.

However, that all changed after trying to deal with getting a relatively minor refund for something that they charged us for. I will try to keep it short. We were in a bit of a rush to get back on the road to Paris and checked out quickly. I do not speak or read French so didn’t pay much attention to the invoice. Later that night I sat down to review the invoice and realized they had charged us for 4 breakfasts that we did not have (88 Euros).

My bad for not thoroughly reviewing but I figured it would be easy enough to correct. I called them and explained and was told it would be no problem to get a refund but was asked to send them an email to verify who I was (guess they have email on file). I did that immediately. The next day I received a reply stating that they would not refund the 88 Euros because I had signed the invoice.

I, of course, replied sharing essentially the same thing I did above here. Further, I pointed out that they not only erroneously charged us for 4 breakfasts but they did so on the day of our arrival. Thus, we had not even checked in yet on the day they charged us for 2 of the 4.

Again, they reply after some prodding that they continue to refuse to refund for the breakfasts that we did NOT have (even the one they charge us for when we were still in Paris). I have now handed it off to my credit card company to deal with but that is, of course, more of a hassle for me. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. There are plenty of great options in the region. Don’t introduce the risk of having to deal with the staff/attitude at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
18  Thank azkinger
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was impressed with every aspect of this hotel. The staff were friendly, professional and engaging. The food was outstanding - a great blend of local flavors and delights - and the after dinner deserts were amazing. The bar was warm and friendly and the hidden cigar room was a perfect enclave to enjoy a quiet brandy. The breakfast room was spot on - a great design layout with a wide selection of food, juices and even champagne for a morning mimosa.

Our room was charming and the grounds are well maintained and quiet. The hidden gem is the Asian spa. Clean, quiet, relaxing and a beautiful décor .

A near perfect vacation experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed four nights with a group of friend in April 2014. I never was a big fan of France but my stay at Le Parc Hotel Restaurant & Spa will most likely keep going to back to France again and again -- that's how fantastic it was.

Room: The Deluxe Romantic Room is spacious and well-maintained with your own private balcony and lounging area and comes with full amenities.

Tomi Live Cuisine (aka breakfast room): The breakfast room certainly has a wow factor there. What you would find at breakfast in a five star hotel, you will most likely find it at Tomi too. Their bread and pastries are made fresh daily. Plenty of fruit juice options and they even throw in sparkling wine! The chef at hot food station is skilful and will cook your egg to order (I recommend egg omelette -- the best). Smoke salmon, crispy bacon, sausage, cheeses, fresh fruits, dried fruits, nuts, cereals, bircher musli -- you name it, they have it.

La Stub: This is the place where locals go for lunch. The food was unpretentious and well-executed and showcased the produce in season. All the dishes I tried were great and their Floating Island was truly a show stopper.

La Table: La Table offers fine dining experience. What I love so much about La Table, including other restaurants in the hotel, is that it's simple food that is perfectly executed. So if you're expecting molecular gastronomic food, you're better off going somewhere else because this hotel is about offering you the food you can associate with that leaves you wonder how in the world it tastes so good (e.g. their mashed potato is so light it tastes like cloud). Plus their desserts will just knock your socks off -- sooooooooo good.

Waydelichs' Bar: Their bar is a cosy and relaxing place and their drink selection is extensive. I recommend trying the local wine. After all, you're in Alsace!

Asiane Spa: Their spa is the hotel's hidden gem. The entrance will fool you but once you enter it's way bigger than you anticipate. It's a quiet and beautiful place that will allow you to relax and pamper yourself to the fullest.

Le Parc Hotel is truly the gem of Obernai and I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Thita_n
Reviewed 15 April 2014

An impeccable blend of luxury and comfort in the French countryside. Three restaurants, lounge, cigar bar, and huge spa. It's a complete experience. The family that runs this place has created their own brand of excellence. If you want to be completely spoiled check into this hotel. It was a super easy train ride from Paris. There's skiing close by, horseback riding, bike rental a few steps away.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed with a group of friends for 4 nights and had a wonderful time.

We spent a lot of time relaxing at the "Asian spa" which was pristine and beautiful. The Asian decor most definitely took you there and you could forget you were in France... in a good way.

There is interior wood paneling, local art throughout the hotel, and many details to the decor that made it welcoming and charming. The bathrooms in the rooms had all been updated and clean but it was great to still see the wood paneling inside the rooms, maintaining the Alsace traditional look. Another plus is your own little balcony overlooking the garden.

The service was extremely professional and the food was simply divine. We will most definitely be coming back.

1  Thank kiki1222
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Our group had a fantastic stay for 4 nights during April 2014. Fantastic service everywhere. The spa and indoor pool is a hidden gem. The breakfast room is on par with a Shangri-La or Hyatt. Short walk to the picturesque village centre. Really great Family run hotel!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obernai
5 Terres Hotel & Spa Mgallery by Sofitel
Resort Barriere Ribeauville
Resort Barriere Ribeauville
#1 of 11 in Ribeauville
Hotel A la Cour d'Alsace

Been to Le Parc Hotel Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!