“Wildly good service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ottrott
“Wildly good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I found this hotel online and decided to take a chance. We fell in love with it. The attention to detail in both the hotel and the restaurant were excellent. The service was sharp but not rushed, attentive, yet not intrusive.

We really liked the area and plan to return very soon.

Room Tip: The patio would be lovely for a drink when the weather is warm.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
I was absolutely delighted with your feedback following your recent experience at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words which I have also shared with my team. I do hope that you get the chance to join us again soon.

Aurélie & Guillaume

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Slovak first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a great break here for a couple of main reasons:

1. the surroundings with some great hikes;
2. The hotel and staff;
3. The restaurant

Definitly worth staying here for a (long) weekend. The hotel is very good and both hotel and restaurant are exactly what you can expect from a 4 star.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with the all team. I really do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Turin, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

If you want to have a few days of relaxation,fresh air,fine food and wines,all in a great atmosphere i recommend it.I felt great for 3 days there,i enjoyed everything from spa, the very rich breakfast,panoramic view and very kind staff!I have to mention that is very clean and the bed was very, very comfortable;) .I definitely return!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was very proud to share your glowing review of your recent stay with my team this morning. It is comments like this that really make our job worthwhile. We take great pride in the service we deliver and we look forward to meeting your expectations once again in the near future.

Bissen, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

For a weekend getaway, we found this hotel by the lodgings of France.
Beautiful scenery, in a small picturesque village of Alsace, close to the vineyards.
A very neat home, a very large room, very clean, bathroom luxury.
Very quiet at night.
The spa is amazing, pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, everything is there for our use, without limit. Bathrobe at our disposal, linen special spa. everything is designed to enable us to enjoy.
And the restaurant is to die for quality cuisine and service. Splendid.
Recommend flawless.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was delighted that you enjoyed you stay and found the service my brilliant team deliver to your liking. I have passed on your kind words and thanks to them. We look forward to exceeding your expectations once again soon.

Aargau, Schweiz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

What a wonderfully situated hotel set in a quaint medieval town in peaceful, relaxing green surroundings. Very clean, spacious rooms. Absolutely friendly, helpful staff.
The hotel restaurant deserves 5 stars as well: from atmosphere, design and of course the food: everything was amazing! Highly recommendable!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor, in a separate but connected building, very quiet, spacious room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words following your stay at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was happy to read we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your experience. Please do come and see us again soon.

Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed for 2 nights at the hotel. Service is very friendly, our room was very comfortable, very quiet and nicely decorated. the fitness room is ok. Wellness area is very clean, with brandnew installations. Bar is great too with a very friendly waiter! The decoration is a little bit too much over the top and we were slightly disappointed by the food at the restaurant gastronomique: less would indeed be more!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your visit to the Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please do come and see us again soon.

Many thanks,

Los Angeles Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here for three nights and had a few disappointments. The room we booked was too small for three nights so they were very accommodating with an upgrade to a Jr. Suite (at an additional cost... ) but that is OK... it was a nice, corner room... nice and bright. Only a small table with two chairs adorned the room with no comfy place to sit and relax. But the bed was comfortable.

The bathroom was decent sized but if this is such a nice hotel, how come there are no bath amenities? A generic liquid soap for all your bodily needs? I think not. No shelf in the shower for bar soap or shampoo and conditioner (that we brought ourselves).

My biggest complaint is NO coffee in the morning unless you pay the 21 Euro each for a full breakfast buffet. Sometimes I just want a cup of coffee and a piece of fruit to start the day... not a big buffet! (21 Euro each is a very expensive breakfast!)

We felt unwelcome upon arrival and no one showed us around or told us about the spa, the pool, or the restaurants or where breakfast was served... Nothing. We wandered around and found things for ourselves. The staff at the front desk did warm up (after a few days and with our prompting) and when we needed something in the room they were there quickly.

We had massages. Mine was not good. I asked my masseuse to spend time with my right side neck and hip because I really needed it... but, maybe it was lost in translation. All I got a mediocre, light-weight treatment. But my husband enjoyed his. Usually spas treat you to tea or water afterwards but all we could see was a coffee bar where you had to buy a cup of tea for 3,50 Euro.

For the price, I thought this hotel was just not great enough. We are a very friendly, personable couple always looking at the good side of life but I was really disappointed in the lack of warmth... and coffee.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us on your trip to Alsace and for taking the time to leave your comments. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on that day but I can assure you that we value your opinion and level of satisfaction.
I will pass on each of your feedback and I will be personally looking in to this in order to improve the quality of our services. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon with many improvements.

Aurélie & Guillaume
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottrott
Le Parc Hotel Restaurant & Spa
Le Clos des Delices
Le Clos des Delices
#4 of 7 in Ottrott
Hotel Restaurant L'Ami Fritz

Been to Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa? Share your experiences!