I confirm the comments of n00btraveller about the "university room" - we got two of these for the familiy of four:
* we got a hairdryer when we asked for one, but it was so full of dirt that it was barely blowing - I assume it's only for the first lucky ones :(
* there was a centimeter of dust above the cupboard and on the shelves for the luggage in the rooms
* no balcony, small TV in one room only, no air conditioning, no WiFi in the rooms but only around the bar and even there poor signal, empty fridge - not even a bottle of water
* no variety of food for breakfast, eggs only scrambled, ...
* orange jus only for breakfast, only water for children and wine for adults for lunch/dinner
* no snack for children during the day, except at the clubs (but our children didn't like them)
* the children clubs don't have enough toys or games, no TV to run cartoons - mostly drawing, singing and rehearsing for the show - these 3 shows with our own children are evening activities!!!
* no fitness center, no tennis courts
* small dancing area at the bar
* no running water at the swimming pools, no water jets or toboggans
* there are days when the waves are that high so it's not safe to get in the ocean (red lifeguard beach flag), so the 1-to-1.3m deep swimming pool provides no swimming alternative (the others are 0.7-to-1m and less)
* the beach is public and the toillets are very, very dirty
* most of the activities are cheap to organise: beach volley, aqua gym, nordic walking, shows with our children, accompagnying for 15 min walk to the place to see the 15 August fireworks, karaoke, etc...
* we paid extra for having our own parking place, having the towels changed and for the safe - services that should have been included in the high price we paid.
* we had the option of starting from Sunday (to avoid the busy highways), but the briefing about the club was organized on Sunday morning, so we missed it - why having such briefing instead of a brochure anyway?!
* the food is fairly good, but the restaurant is organized as a cafeteria, so help yourself...
Belambra charges prices for a 4-5 star-hotel but its accomodation, restaurant and entertainment are the equivalent of a two-star one, a total rip-off :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the cliff top, on the Atlantic Coast between Biarritz and Bayonne, the Club in Anglet invites you to spend you summer holiday on its vast fine sandy beach. Immersed in the magic of the Basque Coast, indulge in the benefits of thalassotherapy, your passion for golf or surfing, or the excitement of body-boarding; why not try Basque pelota or a treetop adventure course; explore the sea bed or the beauty of the hinterland. Meanwhile, your children, from 3 months to 17 years, taken care of by qualified staff, take part in activities suited to each age group in a safe environment. In the evenings, you can go to shows or take part in dances or karaoke evenings... At the"La Chambre d’Amour" holiday residence in Anglet there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belambra Clubs - La Chambre d'Amour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belambra Clubs - La Chambre d`Amour Hotel Anglet