“A place to go”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brantome
Les Ages Chambres d'Hotes
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“A place to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We found this location as we were looking for a photographic holiday. This was ideal. It is actually a house run by a husband and wife team. The husband is a photographer and, if you want, you can have a photographic week where he will take you around and show you how to take good photos. Whilst you are spoilt for food and drink!

The location is stunning. We would highly recommend this place!

• Liked — The hospitality, the beautiful location, and the choice of meals
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daphne K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Bristol-Dover-Calais-St Crepin de Richemont (our route): fair bet that you have probably heard of the first three, the fourth, well lets say its small. Bigger than the neighbouring hamlet, Les Ages, mind, which is small enough that it doesn't display house names or numbers because everyone knows who everyone else is. French Photographic Holidays, who also do chambre d'hotes - damned fine breakfast and superb evening meals - are in Les Ages.

Set your sat nav for (GPS Co-ordinates) 45.25.5N 037.7E and look to your right going up the hill for the house with the old bike outside - see picture.

Paul and Pam are consummate hosts and the converted barn makes very pleasant accommodation. Well worth a visit either on a BBE basis or for Paul's excellent photographic tuition. On this latter point I have experienced others, more akin to photographic boot camps, who either cannot get their point over or don't have the time to give you, the paying customer, the attention you deserve. Not so here, structured just right with a mixture of tutored and and free time, access to Photoshop CS6 in very comfortable surroundings this is a bargain.

My daughter and I had a great time motorcycling down through France to a week of very informative photographic tutorials, comfy accommodation, excellent food and great company. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ian G
Cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

‘Where are you?’ That was me on the phone asking Paul for directions in the tiny hamlet of Les Ages; ‘I think I can hear you’, was the reply, ‘carry on down the hill’.
I’d covered 400 miles from Le Havre without much problem and was now in a village of less than 20 people – lost!
I moved back down this narrow lane and was mercifully spotted by a waving Paul.
My home for the next seven days looked (and indeed was), just perfect; a 17th barn conversion full of charm and character. Mine hosts Paul & Pam greeted me warmly which set the tone for the whole week. A comfortable en-suit room, great company, fabulous food and an exceptional learning experience for yours truly with my trusty Nikon.
Early morning shooting catching the sun coming up, evening and into the night learning all the skills required to capture night-time charm, busy market scenes, city architecture and the wonderful picturesque town of Brantome were all totally consumed by my camera under the watchful guidance of Paul. Evenings were spent getting to grips with Photoshop; boy can you do stuff!!
Everyone is aware of images that have been ‘photoshopped’, but not may know how it’s done – Paul does! And now so do I, thanks to his expert and painstaking tuition.
This was a great get-away-from-it-all break with the added bonus of having a real expert navigate me around the morass of dials, buttons, menus (and other stuff) on the camera, and someone in the kitchen passionate about food who never disappointed. To Paul & Pam I say from the bottom of my heart thank you so much and I shall be recommending the ‘Frenchphotographicholiday’ experience to everyone I meet. Well done Guys, I wish you well.
One satisfied customer
ICBG
17th September 2013

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ian G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brantome
Le Moulin De Vigonac
Hostellerie du Perigord Vert
Le Moulin du Roc
Le Moulin du Roc
#1 of 2 in Champagnac de Belair

Been to Les Ages Chambres d'Hotes? Share your experiences!