“One of the best that Sarlat has to offer”
Review of Le Vin au 10 - CLOSED

Le Vin au 10
Price range: US$22 - US$42
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2013

A great experience all round! Good food, good service and deserving of the prices charged. Highly recommended if ever in Sarlat.

There are newer reviews for Le Vin au 10

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We decided to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary with lunch in Sarlat. Vin au 10 came highly recommended by our co-workers on our camping site (Les Grottes de Roffy) and we were definitely not disappointed. The food was of high quality & beautifully cooked, served & presented. The service was attentive & friendly but not intrusive. Overall a wonderful experience & would happily recommend it to others.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We both selected the four course 35 Euro menu, Maison et Terroir, and were very pleased with our selections.

For starters my wife had Foie Gras Poêlé (slightly cooked), Tartare de Saumon, Ciboulette (chive) et Poivre de Malabar; it was an outstanding medley of tastes and very special. My starter was a pitcher of very thin cheese soup, Velouté de Parmigiano Reggiano (5 ans d’âge), Jambon Noir du Périgord, Ciboulette, Échalotes et Noix, that was unlike any soup I’ve had anywhere and it’s presentation with these bits of chive, ham, cheeses, nuts, etc... made its eating all the more pleasurable!

We ordered, with our waiter’s advice, a local red wine (Pecharmant - http://www.chateaurenaudie.com/lepecharmantA.htm) from Chateau Pecachard that paired well with our starters and our main courses. [Until I did a web search, I had not realized that we had consumed a wine that has very old roots and is currently made by radical vintners who established themselves and earned a 2007 NY Times review of their experiences and contributions: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/26/opinion/26iht-edboyd.1.7257254.html?pagewanted=all; when Le Vin au 10 claimed to be locally focused, I had no idea but now would recommend them not just for their food but their wine choices.]

Our main courses were Rognon de Veau aux Cèpes (veal kidneys) and Magret de Canard farci à l’Orange. Both were well prepared and cooked exactly to our specifications. There were two cheese course choices and, at the waiter’s recommendation, we took one of each: Rocamadour au Poivre Voantsy Perifery and Croustillant Chaud de la Trappe d’Echourgnac ; both included a small salad -- Meselum à l’Huile de Nox du Moulin de la Tour. For desserts we had Quenelle au Chocolat Guanaja, Crème Anglaise au Café and Tutti Frutti. The first was beyond fudge and I had been watching its preparation for other patrons during the evening ; the Tutti Frutti was unique -- difficult to describe but included fresh fruit and a sort-of-but-not-quite pastry.

While the food was superb, the service was at least up to that standard. The man-in-charge made sure that I was treated to service by his English-speaking assistant who was very helpful and enjoyable to talk with. While I am sure that many tourists appreciate this restaurant, it was my sense that some of the patrons were from the town; there were plenty of two-kiss greetings that I witnessed. Le Vin au 10 is a very fine restaurant up the hill on a street behind and to the left of the town hall. Our dinner cost about 100 Euros and was better than many meals we’ve had that cost more!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were a complex group to attennd (7 russians and 5 colombians).

The owner was very kind and patience with us. I ordered the wrong bottle of wine and he changed for us even if by mistake we served half of the bottle. He explained to us several times the menu.

The food was perfect, well presented and tasty.

This was the best service in 6 years that I have been in France.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This place had top notch service, food and wine! A super treat for our wonderful vacation. While it is not cheap, you definitely get what you pay for.