All reviews old town booked a superior room large comfortable room non smoking town centre few minutes walk away lovely swimming pool breakfast was excellent location is great hire car cold meats very nice hotel free parking market days easy walk dordogne region receptionist
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel, indeed!
Professional and descreet staff.
Breakfast is worth the money. Kids pay half price (6.5 EUR).
Depardieu was here as well. One can feel the movie spirit. Ask the reception for earing places, they know.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Best Western for 3 nights in mid July 2018. Excellent free parking right outside the hotel door - which was a real blessing with a hire car. Madame who runs the hotel is an incredibly hard worker - from cooking breakfasts early in the morning, to assisting with suitcases to checking guests into their rooms - she was tireless. Our very large room with excellent AC overlooked the hotel swimming pool. The pool was a wonderful addition to have a the end of a long hotel day exploring the many wonderful French attractions in the Dordogne Region. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JNZ69
Reviewed 23 June 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Le Renoir between the 20th-21st of June. We were left with a certain disappointment due to the attitude, rude and annoyed, of I presume the manager on charge, when we brought to her attention a defect concerning the functioning of the shower mixer, that had no cold water running, just warm water( we arrived with 32 degrees centigrade). After verifying the defect, considered irrelevant, she suggested us to change hotel.
Nevertheless the hotel is in a very good position, rooms are spacious and confortable, staff at reception, polite and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sabina C
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My one complaint is that - contrary to advertising - my room did not have air conditioning. Instead there was a note in the welcome booklet saying that I could enquire at reception to borrow a fan. I never bothered since the room, while stuffy, was bearable for the one night I was there.

Other than that, I found the hotel to be scrupulously clean with a very comfortable bed. And it's under 10 minutes walk to the old town. Staff at the reception desk were perfectly fine and polite.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We arrived as 2 couples from Australia with vouchers for 2 superior rooms booked 6 months earlier. We stood at the counter for a good 10-15 minutes whilst Madame senior receptionist chatted on the phone without giving us any acknowledgement. Upon finally getting our room, one was a "comfort room" located in the Attic. We didn't want to complain but it wasn't what had been paid for. In fairness we were relocated.
The hotel facilities were ok for their 3 star rating but the room photos are misleading. Carpets clean but stained. It is well located only minutes from the old town.

Room tip: Ensure you get the room standard you pay for
Date of stay: May 2018