Factor in that the hotel is a 2 star in the Logis system. Rooms are small, on the dark side (we removed the lamp shade to help with this!), and furniture could be called antiques. Actually fit with the ambiance of the hotel. The bathroom - quirky - provided many laughs. Never knew a shower stall could be so small - don't drop the soap! And one of the ancient building beams runs at an angle over the commode! Restaurant in the hotel was very nice (white table linen - always impressive!), and dinner was quite good. As should be expected, main course selections centered around regional specialties. Of note, the restaurant was full, and we were the only non-French! Good variety at the breakfast buffet (8.50euro each). Street parking next to the hotel was convenient. We had no problem, but likely this was due to the timing of our visit. Currently the hotel is reconfiguring the front area with interior construction of the wine bar/bistro. Should be nice when completed. Location and very reasonable cost for the room, plus staying in a historic building, made this a good choice for two nights to explore Sarlat, tour one of the caves (Font-de-Gaume, must reserve in advance), and enjoy the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel provides 26 rooms including 5 family ones. All different with integrated comfort, you will feel like visiting a friend in the county. Alone, as a couple, with your family or with a group, the hotel will welcome you all year long ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel La Couleuvrine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Couleuvrine Sarlat Canéda
- La Couleuvrine Hotel Sarlat Canéda