We spent three nights here while exploring the Dordogne River Valley and Cro-Magnon caves. This hotel, La Couleuvrine, couldn't be in a more perfect location. Just turn right when coming out of the front door and walk down the cobblestone lane and there you are right in the midst of a perfect medieval town. We were there in mid April and were able to find free parking that time of year on the street next to the hotel. As mentioned in a couple of reviews, the front desk staff was not too friendly upon arrival and remained uninterested throughout our visit. However, we did have dinner one night in the upscale restaurant onsite and found the food and waitstaff to be excellent. We chose a budget room which was one flight up the stairs. There is a small elevator. Be warned that the hallways are extremely dark in some areas and there are stairs often several at a time here and there. You will find light switches in the hallways. My advice is to locate them immediately and use them when coming and going. Our room and adjoining bathroom were TINY but clean and quiet. In retrospect, spring for a larger room, it would be worth the extra euros. We both love historic hotels so we found this stay very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel provides 26 rooms including 5 family ones. All different with integrated comfort, you will feel like visiting a friend in the county. Alone, as a couple, with your family or with a group, the hotel will welcome you all year long ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel La Couleuvrine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Couleuvrine Sarlat Canéda
- La Couleuvrine Hotel Sarlat Canéda