“Lovely place in a brilliant location!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarlat-la-Caneda
La Maison du Notaire Royal
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Amazing location!!...right in the middle of this beautiful old city and our room overlooked the main square. It was just like staying in a piece of Sarlat's medieval history! The owners were truly lovely and the breakfast was delicious - thank you! We even managed to park right outside the B&B, which was extremely convenient. Despite the unfortunate rain during our stay, we had a really lovely time and a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 June 2013

As I am completing travel notes of our wonderful trip to Italy and France in May/June 2012 I realised hat I had not written about this delightful place. We selected it after a search on the Internet and some helpful email exchanges with host, Pierre-Henri. We were not disappointed. We had a large bright room with a balcony overlooking the square where we sat to enjoy the sunshine, lunch or per-dinner drinks and watch the activities below. As others have said, Pierre-Henri showed us around the property, gave us information about the history of the house which has been in his family for at least five generations and provided us with excellent itineraries for our three day visit (too short and wold recommend at least 5). I wished I ad a copy with me now to refresh my memory. My husband and I loved everything about our stay in Sarlat which was enhanced by having such wonderful hosts. We would definitely love to return.

Room Tip: Ask for Room three with the balcony over lookin the square.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks in one of the rental cottages owned by Pierre-Henri and his lovely wife Dianne. Tapis-Vert 2 was just brilliant for an extended vacation. The cottage was fully equipped with absolutely everything I needed for a self-catering situation. I always appreciate a quite location, and this was just ideal. So close to the action of central Sarlat, and yet just a few steps in the other direction and I found myself in the beautiful green Dordogne countryside, where I had the most wonderful walks.
I was without my own transport during my visit, as I just wanted to become totally immersed in the town itself, to and absorb its culture, but Pierre-Henri even lent me his bike so I could take advantage of the beautiful cycle-trail nearby.
I would dearly love to return, but for an even longer stay next time, in which case I would have no hesitation in again renting the gite.
I was sad to say goodbye to these very kind and generous hosts, who feel like true friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I traveled to Sarlat in May, and we found this bed and breakfast online. What a find! It is conveniently nestled in the heart of Sarlat, close to both town shops and restaurants. The room was both large and clean, and the building itself is centuries old. Breakfast consisted of bread, croissants, and coffee and juice--a perfect start to the day! The owners were friendly and helpful when it came to service and finding attractions around Dordogne. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: This is not a traditional hotel in the sense that someone does not come in every day to make your be...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Pierre-Henri is an excellent host in all respects, the property is perfectly situated overlooking the main square and the quality/price is very good. Room and bathroom were large and confortable; could have used a standup shower but it's a small matter and did not cause any difficulty. We would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Only saw room 2 as they were fully booked; we had a big balcony. An excellent room overall.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hosts Pierre-Henri and Diane are very gracious and helpful to the guests. Pierre-Henri picked us and sent us to the train station, made restaurant recommendations, booked our canoe trip and museum tours and provided excellent guidance to us to enjoy the Dordogne area. Their place is large, roomy, comfortable and ideally situated close to the town square. We enjoyed staying there and would stay again if we return to Sarlat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just loved this place. After a recommendation from friends I contacted Monsieur Toulemon and straight away received personalised service. This never ceased. We spent seven days in Sarlat, where we met up with long time friends from Wales. We all love to drive exploring hidden villages, historical sites and back roads. Every morning Pierre Henri would suggest an itinerary, all of which were fascinating. The building itself is very old but very comfortable. The rooms were spacious and we had everything we needed: fridge, a vast collection of books and brochures and more. Our room had a small balcony that overlooked the main square which was busy day and night. Always something to look at: markets, performers, locals, tourists and more. Breakfasts were always interesting with Pierre Henri's eclectic collection of teapots and milk jugs! If you are looking for a reasonably priced bed in the heart of beautiful Sarlat, you cannot go past La Maison du Notaire Royal.

Room Tip: Talk to Pierre Henri regarding your requirements.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family