“stay in Sarlat Sept. 2013”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarlat-la-Caneda
La Maison du Notaire Royal
San Diego, California
“stay in Sarlat Sept. 2013”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at Notaire Royal for 2 nights in Sept. 2013. Had loved to stay longer. Room overlooking Place de la Liberte. I loved it very much. Spacious beautiful room, marvellous
view, Monsieur Toulemon was very helpful. I highly recommend this accommodation. Would
love to come back but stay longer next time. Thank you so much Pierre.
Ursula Heintz Coletti

Room Tip: Get room 2, with balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Maryland
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

This is one of the top 3 chambres d'hote that I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The location is perfect. You can see Place de la Liberte from the breakfast room and it's a two minute walk to Rue de la Republique. M. Toulemon is a gracious host who speaks excellent English. Our room was huge, gorgeous and well appointed. We stayed for 8 nights. All rooms are on ground level so there are no stairs to climb. The breakfast room is lovely and we enjoyed our croissants and baguettes each morning. Sarlat is the perfect spot for visiting this area and I highly recommend staying at La Maison du Notaire Royal. I also recommend the restaurant Les delices de Lauralice at Place Beauvau. Many thanks to M. Toulemon and his lovely wife for a warm and welcoming stay in Sarlat. I hope to return again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarylandSuzanne
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Welcoming hosts and a beautiful large room with the garden outside my window. The room and all of the public areas were beautifully furnished with lots of nice touches. The location was perfect, just off the main square. Pierre-Henri and Diane were great hosts and could not have been nicer or more helpful. They had an excellent collection of books on the area and had recommendations for things to do. Pierre-Henri clearly loves his house, town, and region and enjoys sharing them with visitors. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Sarlat.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Barbara U
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Amazing location!!...right in the middle of this beautiful old city and our room overlooked the main square. It was just like staying in a piece of Sarlat's medieval history! The owners were truly lovely and the breakfast was delicious - thank you! We even managed to park right outside the B&B, which was extremely convenient. Despite the unfortunate rain during our stay, we had a really lovely time and a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 28 June 2013

As I am completing travel notes of our wonderful trip to Italy and France in May/June 2012 I realised hat I had not written about this delightful place. We selected it after a search on the Internet and some helpful email exchanges with host, Pierre-Henri. We were not disappointed. We had a large bright room with a balcony overlooking the square where we sat to enjoy the sunshine, lunch or per-dinner drinks and watch the activities below. As others have said, Pierre-Henri showed us around the property, gave us information about the history of the house which has been in his family for at least five generations and provided us with excellent itineraries for our three day visit (too short and wold recommend at least 5). I wished I ad a copy with me now to refresh my memory. My husband and I loved everything about our stay in Sarlat which was enhanced by having such wonderful hosts. We would definitely love to return.

Room Tip: Ask for Room three with the balcony over lookin the square.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks in one of the rental cottages owned by Pierre-Henri and his lovely wife Dianne. Tapis-Vert 2 was just brilliant for an extended vacation. The cottage was fully equipped with absolutely everything I needed for a self-catering situation. I always appreciate a quite location, and this was just ideal. So close to the action of central Sarlat, and yet just a few steps in the other direction and I found myself in the beautiful green Dordogne countryside, where I had the most wonderful walks.
I was without my own transport during my visit, as I just wanted to become totally immersed in the town itself, to and absorb its culture, but Pierre-Henri even lent me his bike so I could take advantage of the beautiful cycle-trail nearby.
I would dearly love to return, but for an even longer stay next time, in which case I would have no hesitation in again renting the gite.
I was sad to say goodbye to these very kind and generous hosts, who feel like true friends.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I traveled to Sarlat in May, and we found this bed and breakfast online. What a find! It is conveniently nestled in the heart of Sarlat, close to both town shops and restaurants. The room was both large and clean, and the building itself is centuries old. Breakfast consisted of bread, croissants, and coffee and juice--a perfect start to the day! The owners were friendly and helpful when it came to service and finding attractions around Dordogne. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: This is not a traditional hotel in the sense that someone does not come in every day to make your be...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple