All reviews old town a large public car park street noise side road croissants free parking foie gras and duck public lot would stay here again hot water stayed here for three nights cold cuts rue de la republique third floor easy access double bed dordogne region
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Nice hotel. Good value for money and on a very central location. Allas there is only a (payed) public parking space available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jozef V
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Once again I had difficulty with driving so I parked and walked. I found the hotel quite easily on foot and the owners were wonderful and very helpful. I drove the car down and parked out the front in a pay park which is cheap. I stayed here two nights.

The hotel had a damp smell when I entered, although that disappeared so it may have been a water issue. There was another problem with water but it was fixed overnight. There is a fair sized lift as well as stairs and the room is a good size - a double for me - very clean and comfortable with a good sized bathroom with toiletries and warming towel rack!!

The TV has 2 English stations; the area is quiet as is the room. No view - just the side road but I have a cheaper room. Although I can see the square out front and it is pleasant hanging out the window looking at the street. Even though it is March the weather is warm and sunny.

The hosts also helped me to find my way around to the caves and gave me information about where to find things in the town. I also did an audio walking tour of Sarlat - very interesting!!

The old town is about 3 mins walk past a post office. A good hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank aussiesue102
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We were only going to be in Sarlat for one night and chose this hotel for its location, which was excellent - easily accessible by car, yet easy walking distance from the old town. Our room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was perfectly adequate for our needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We booked a double and a family room for a three night stay at Sarlat. The location of the hotel was excellent. It faces a public parking that is free at night, but not during the day. Since we spent most of our days visiting the area, that wasn't much of a problem. When were there during the day we found street parking on the little one-way street that runs behind the parking lot and along side the hotel. It is just a couple of minutes to walk through the wall to the old town. There are several excellent bakeries and a small grocery within a few minutes walk. It is an ideal location to stroll into Sarlat for dinner and to enjoy the old city beautifully lit with gas lights at night.

The hotel rooms were very clean. They were basic, but pleasant. The beds were comfortable. While the couple at the desk were very pleasant, when we mentioned several times that there wasn't enough hot water for more than a tepid bath, they said all the water came from a central heater and volunteered to show us that the water in the kitchen was hot. That didn't make our baths or showers any warmer. Except for that, we loved the hotel as a base for visiting the town. Because of that, however, I hesitated between the four stars I have given and three.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Chas1261
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We found this hotel just about as good as we wanted had we set down the conditions. Location is great. Only a block from the Old Town of Sarlat, right near a busstop, managers who treated us as family, a clean, quiet and comfortable room, no pressure to take breakfast in their dining room and useful help with planning acrtivities in the area, like kayaking on the Dordogne.
We kept extending our stay and even though the hotel was busy and what appeared to be full, we were able to keep the same room all the time we stayed there.
We would go back and stay in the same hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Up high and in the back?
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple