“Just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Arizona
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The restaurant is in a lovely setting in a small side street in Sarlat. 4 of us had the fish and risotto. It was ok, not great.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne, Australia
“One of my favourite meals in France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've had three excellent meals on this trip to France: La Tour D'Argent, a miracle of balance; a little pizza pace north of La Centre Pompidou which does the best calzone I've ever had anywhere; and Chez Peyro.
A pleasant stone-walled resto in stone-walled old Sarlat, Chez Peyro had a friendly ambiance and very friendly and attentive service. We ordered an excellent Loire valley red to go with the meal (Domaine Pantalion, La Gardiere), but our hostess suggested we try a glass of white to go with the foie gras, which was perfect - hints of pineapple and marmalade. This was not charged to our bill.
The foie gras and accompanying chutney were very good, as was the quasi d'un veaux (veal) we both had for mains. At 22 euros for entre et plat, we thought this very good value. I wish I could provide more detail but I did not record the menu.

• Visited May 2014