“Wonderful little hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarlat-la-Caneda
Les Chambres du Glacier
London
“Wonderful little hotel”
Reviewed 5 September 2007

We stayed in Sarlat with my boyfriend for 2 nights last July. Being from the region myself, I knew Sarlat already but it was his first time there, so I thought we'd stay in this beautiful town for a couple of nights. However, this was part of a 3-week trip, so i wanted to keep the budget down, hence the choice of the Glacier.
Boy was I in for a treat! I would never have thought that we would have such a beautiful room for the price we paid, it was HUGE, with a beautifully renovated bathroom, and a small balcony overlooking the market place and all the beautiful buildings of Sarlat.
One downside is the potential noise, but things are quite calm after 10pm, and apart from market days it is quite calm until 10 or so, and I found the noise on the market days to just add to the atmosphere!
The owners are adorable, they even sent someone to help us as we couldn't find our way to the hotel (the hotel is in a pedestrian area), and breakfast was amazing, I like to have a good breakfast in the morning, but even I couldn't finish it with all the nice croissant, fresh baguette, and fruits that they were offering.
Actually, it was so nice that my beloved didn't want me to write a review so we could keep the address to ourselves, but the DaCostas are so nice, I think they deserve it!

• Liked — location, friendliness, cost
  • Disliked — nothing to report!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Entente-cordiale

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver
Reviewed 11 June 2007

Chambres du Glacier is a charming chambres d'hote in the middle of the main square of the charming old city of Sarlat.

The hosts and owners, M. and Mme DeCosta, were welcoming, helpful and friendly. They own the bar/cafe underneath the rooms, and were available almost 24 hours a day! Every time we arrived or left, they greeted us, and despite being busy with their popular cafe, were always happy to provide advice and suggestions. (They left a cell phone number to contact them in the event we needed anything when they weren't at the bar, but we did not need to use it.)

Our room was very large, very clean and very well-kept. It contained one double bed and two twin beds, and had a tiny balcony with french doors, overlooking the square. The bathoom even had TWO sinks, and was also very large!

The central location was great; we could easily walk to everything in Sarlat. Parking was not included, but we easily located several free parking lots within 5 minutes from Chambres du Glacier.

Breakfast was not required, but if you chose to eat there, the 5Euro/pp price included croissants, bread, jams and jellies, fruit and coffee, hot chocolate or tea. Every morning we sat outside, though there is indoor seating as well.

I did not find the location too noisy, though some people might. It's a pedestrian square, the noise was that of people talking, and that died down by 11 or so each evening. As it was cool enough when we were there to keep the windows closed, we couldn't hear that noise at all. In the mornings, the street cleaner was a bit noisy. On market days (Wed. and Sat.), there's no street cleaner, but I could hear the quieter noise of the market stalls being set up.

I would love to stay here again.

• Liked — Location and friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family