“Very popular”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Visited Le Sans Souci twice in early August during our recent holiday to Benodet.
The first time was for lunch when it was not overly busy. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating sitting us at a window table with great views overlooking the beach. The menu was varied with daily specials. I had Moules and frites with a curry sauce, my husband had an omelette and my son a pizza. All 3 meals were delicious and at a price you would expect in a tourist area during peak season.
After such a nice experience we decided to eat there again of an evening for our anniversary the following week. We arrived at 7pm to find people queuing outside and the restaurant very full. That said the staff were constantly manning the door and clearing tables and we were very quickly seated. In fact the restaurant continued to be full for the duration of our meal with a constant queue at the door.
We opted to have a main and a dessert each and despite my efforts at ordering in French the waitress spoke perfect English. She was very friendly and helpful when I asked a number of questions about the menu and specials. The children's set menu was good value with my son choosing a pizza which was a very good size and well cooked as well as an ice cream dessert and soft drink.
My husband and I both opted for seafood which was very fresh and tasty and cooked to perfection however at €19 for my prawn skewers I think was very overpriced. Our desserts were equally as delicious and worth every calorie! The bill with drinks (including a bottle of wine) was just under €100 which was probably average for an evening meal in that area however a bit expensive if your eating out most nights during your holiday.
It is evident that the staff work well as team and all work extremely hard. Despite them being very busy they all have a lovely way about them and make you feel like nothing is too much trouble. Definitely somewhere I would recommend based on our two experiences.

1  Thank SLFLiverpool

Reviewed 21 August 2013

But not cheap. If you go on a special night, make sure you reserve. It does have great views. The service was average, and it is not that cheap, but it does meet most requirements if you are going with a party.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We arrived late on our first night and Le Sans souci looked popular, therefore we tried it. Food was good, reasonably priced and good variety. I thought the service was great and compared to some places we have eaten in the UK it was wonderful. Children saw a french family each order the biggest sundae I have ever seen and made us go back a second night. These 8 euro sundaes are not for the faint hearted! They taste great, but even our sweet toothed angels were defeated.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Remembered seeing this restaurant name in reviews as good, so we tried it .... Twice.
Both times food service and quality of food was excellent. Felt comfortable sitting there too as a family.
Was a busy place so that showed to us that it was good. Average price. There was nothing to dislike here. Great view of beach, there is an inside and outside to eat, and lovely ice cream.

1  Thank milliemini
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Not impressed. How can you ruin a fish soup (which, incidentally, came out of a bottle)? By serving it tepid. I sent it back.

How can you ruin a seafood brochette? Ditto. Couldn't be bothered to send that one back as I was starving, but ordinarily, I would have.

Good local cider, good beers, overpriced wine. Might give it another try just to see if we hit it on an off day. I'm now two days into a week in Benodet, which is a nice place in itself, and am getting distinctly depressed at the thought of ever finding somewhere good to eat here.