“Great French Food”

Price range: US$6 - US$14
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We recently had the pleasure of dining at Ty Skorn Creperie in Cancale, Northern France. We had a wonderful meal of authentic French food with outstanding service and advice provided by Marianne, the restaurant owner. (who by the way spoke excellent English) A great French experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was my second visit yesterday 6/7/2013. I had previously visited Ty Skorn last year 2012. However yesterday I returned, Cancale itself looked completely different from when I was there last year, as the summer of 2012 it was raining.

Needless to say the welcome was a warm one, and my Galette was superb, the Chèvre Sorbet added another dimension to the dish, the Crepe was superb that I had for pudding, and the Cidre Doux was lovely.

All In all a superb experience, and this Creperie has to be the best in France.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

So, During the wet start of summer 2012 I had the oppertunity to visit Brittany :). Possibly my favourite region in france due to the mystical Celtic atmosphere the region has, and also due to the Food and Music oh and Cider.

So cutting a long story short, It was wet, windy and we were staying in Cancale for the night, we had only just been in Cancale for just over an hour and a half having had a long and rather wet, windy and dire journey down from Normandy and the site we were on before. Not that this mattered, as we decided to do what Brits seem to do well whilst abroad and head out for dinner and yes we headed down to the old port of Cancale.

And we looked at a few places to eat, but none of them came close to Ty-Skorn.

Well what a Meal. My Galette was superb, tasty and delicous with Goats Cheese, Tomatoes, Salad, Creme Freiche and Goats Cheese Sorbet. Odd but it tasted fabulous. On the menu this is down as (La Biquette). With this Galette I also had a fantastic Boulee of Cidre. Well I can't resist really?

Then it goes to being better.Not only was my meal fantastic but the backfround music was Finisterres by my Favourite Breton Musician. Dan Ar Braz. Well what a fantastic meal.

Oh and the pudding Crepe of Caramalised Apple with Chantilly was Fantastic.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Cancale being so absolutely full of seafood restaurants, there is no where to go after dinner, so it was great to find this creperie. The ambience was great and the owner was fluent in English and very eager to help. The crepes were very good and the whiskies and wines certainly added to our well-being!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We have eaten here several times and there has been a real improvement in the menu and food quality since anew owner took over in spring 2012. Excellent value.