“Basic but good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Vannes
Ireland
“Basic but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Spent one night here on our way back to the ferry. From the outside it looks like a house and inside had the feel of a WMCA (not that I've ever stayed in one!) The rooms seem to be in a funny position and the walls are thin, there was quite a bit of noise when the people next door came in at night but we probably got our own back since we are early risers!! Having said that our room was very nice, it looked liked it had recently been redecorated and the bathroom looked new. It was very clean and comfortable. There only seemed to be one person working there, he showed us the garage when we arrived (and moved two other cars out of the way so we could park), checked us in, served us breakfast the following morning and then checked us out again! The breakfast was a bit lacking, we were asked what we wanted to drink and then given a plain yogurt, crossants and bread with a choice of jams, honey or nutella - not very good for a diabetic. I used my saucer since there didn'y seem to be any plates but maybe I'm just fussy!! Having said that it was cheap and suited us. Vannes is a lovely town, lots of twisty cobbled streets with pretty shops to wander in.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I booked this "hotel" online before my trip in August to France for 4 nights and ended up staying only one night. All pictures uploaded to this website are a false representation of the establishment. The room we got reeked of smoke, the bathroom had a fuzzy moldy carpeting. The toilet didn't flush, the shower curtains were molded and there was no hot water. The windows were not isolated correctly so mosquitos were able to infest the room. The bed sheets were not clean. And the bed pillows were never washed. There is no A/C. There is no internet.
This hotel would be classified sub par even for a youth hostel.
I tried to change my room but the staff was not helpful at all, not only they denied any of my requests/concerns but also they gave me a big attitude. When I cancelled my reservation I was not able to get a refund for the 3 remaining nights.
I did not have breakfast at this hotel which consisted of a coffee and a bun.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
6 Thank Aron_11

Travellers are raving about these Vannes hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I was stranded in Vannes and found this small and simple hotel near the railway station. The welcome was excellent and the owners very helpful. It is basic but comfortable and clean

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

We booked into this hotel as we were "in transit" from Douarnenez and wanted to break up the trip. We chose it because it had received some good reviews and was close to the railway station. We arrived early - a bit before 12 00 midday but the owner could not have been more accommodating, he had a room available immediately and escorted us up the stairs. The room was unpretentious but large and comfortable. There was TV and phone and a large bathroom.
We had to check out early but the young assistant to the manager ( I assume) arrived at 630 and provided us with a nice breakfast.

The hotel was better than we expected for a "railway hotel" and as we had arrived early we had the opportunity to explore a really interesting town and port - if we were coming back this way we would take more time to explore Vannes as it has an interesting history.
A big bonus was the fantastic restaurant next door "Regis" which provided fine dining and exquisite food!

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple