“Expensive compared with UK restaurants of similar standards. Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Table de Jeanne

La Table de Jeanne
Ranked #24 of 266 Restaurants in Vannes
Price range: US$30 - US$37
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Expensive compared with UK restaurants of similar standards. Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Good food in this restaurant in the old town of Vannes. Nice atmosphere, good choose on menu. Would recommend. I would suggest booking in advance a must.

Visited March 2014

Winchester, England
“Great fish and friendly relaxed ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife treated me to a meal here when we were staying in Vannes (lovely town by the way). We had lunch in a very relaxed atmosphere with good wine and great fish. Of my entire fish eating history there would only be 1 possibly superior experience (grilled freshly caught Sea Bass with a little lime juice in Cyprus - mouth wateringly good ... but I digress).

La Table de Jeanne is not flash and not on the main tourist thoroughfares. It's tucked away behind the fishmarket but is a hidden gem in my view. Only the dessert disappointed (but then maybe only the English make good desserts). Oysters to start was a great choice.

My French is severely limited, we didn't have a French dictionary and the waiter didn't speak any English so I couldn't tell you what fish we each ate but it came with an amazing bubbling sauce and mine was accompanied by some stir fry vegetables and very tasty potatoes whilst my wife had black spaghetti with hers. Whatever it was it was truly delicious. Top notch!

• Visited April 2013
Winchester
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

The meal was outstanding, really great food. Restaurant located near the fish market in the old city. A bit pricey but worth it.

Visited October 2011