“Worthy of its reputation”
Review of Maison Lameloise

Maison Lameloise
Reserve with
Maison Lameloise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Chagny
Price range: US$115 - US$230
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“Worthy of its reputation”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Maison Lameloise has three Michelin rosettes and is well worthy of them. This visit was my first to use the hotel and the room was of a suitable standard. Even though it overlooked the main square in front of the hotel I was not aware of undue noise and slept well. My room was 216 euro plus breakfast (26 euro) and a charge for the garage (19 euro) for which there was valet parking. The following morning my car had had its windscreen cleaned and I was given a small bottle of water for the journey.

In the restaurant I decided to forego the ‘menu dégustation’ and selected from the carte: homard bréton de pêche côtière, followed by ris de veau and then the ample cheese trolley (a good selection and in perfect condition), and a dessert of ‘pommes & bergamote’. I had two glasses each of Chassagne-Montrachet and Vosne Romanée. The total cost of the dinner was 350 euro. Impeccable cheerful service. This was my second visit to the restaurant and I hope it will not be my last!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LondonGavroche

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Perth, Australia
“World class restaurant deserving its fabulous reputation”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

At Maison Lameloise you will enjoy a wonderful and memorable experience, not just a fantastic meal. The food is stunning, as you would expect, and they have a superb wine list too, as befitting a world class restaurant. And so, we had one dish (langoustine), as part of the degustation, which had an exquisite cream of celery component which my wife and I were in raptures about. It was amazingly complex and utterly delightful - wow! I love it when I experience one of those "that's the best ... In my life" moments. They make the price seem rather unimportant.

I must also comment on the extraordinary service. From the moment we booked, to the arrangements for parking our car (merci Madame), to the welcome, and then the helpful explanations during the meal (including the wine), their was a genuine warmth and professionalism that was quite remarkable.

A fantastic establishment - you will come away feeling on top of the world :-)

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Greg M
Quezon City, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOWW”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just looking at the picture I'm so confident that this place is BRAVO!! Can't wait to be back and enjoy the delicious meal!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Irvin Q
Sicily, Italy
“Just wonderful”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant I come here when seeing friends a short trip to this region of France is highly recommended and this restaurant is the icing on the cake.its first class and very cool food.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank juan364
Surrey
“Still excellent”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have been to Lameloise about 10 times over the past 15 years, both for meals and as guests at the hotel and as this implies, we absolutely love it here. It is like a haven from the real world, with a calming ambience and helpful staff. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with gorgeous bathrooms. Eating here is invariably a fantastic experience. The only minor criticism I would add is that since the retirement of Monsieur Lameloise, the new team are tending to being a bit pretentious over the food, which is not necessary, as the wonderful food here speaks for itself. On this occasion, all the added bits between the courses meant it took five hours for our group to get through the tasting menu, finishing at 1am!

Visited April 2014