“Formidable!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Outstanding food and a reasonable price in the busy and touristsy Rue Strasbourg. very friendly service. we also liked the wine selection and the interior design. we would definately come again.

1  Thank Ferientechniker

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We arrived before 20.00 and were the first there - then by 20.30 nearly every table was full on a Tuesday evening. This restaurant is closed Saturdays and Sundays, so I guess that just about says it all - the food is good enough that people will come during the week. Not to say that they are arrogant - indeed the service was friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere and decor are of a traditional bistro but the quality of the food, and the prices, are on the higher side. Portion sizes are small, so don't skip lunch if you are coming here for dinner!
On balance I prefer the Amaryllis at St Remy where in my opinion ther food is better and the atmosphere is more formal. However I will definitely return here.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The Le Bistrot is an excellent restaurant and my 1st Choice when I am in Chalon. I have been there 3 or 4 times and the quality of food was always fantastic! The selection is great, the cooking is perfect and the presentation is very nice. This is a clear GO.

1  Thank MartinO0604
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Don't think you will walk into the door and get a seat in this little charmer of a restaurant. I loved everything I had. Totally enjoyed the little mise en bouche in between the plats. Service great, clean restaurant, and enjoyed the ambiance.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

The restaurant is nice and located on a restaurant and bar strip on the St. Laurent island. The service is friendly and the food is excellent. All what we tried was a wonderful mix of flavors.

Thank Matteo e Michel... C