“Horrendous”

Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Macon
Staffs
“Horrendous”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Never go here! We hadn't booked a stop over this hake term for our return journey from Italy so ended up with little choice. My husband booked it as it was more expensive than other hotels in the same area thinking it would be ok. It so wasn't. We arrived late and the hotel, which looked more like a prison actually, was locked up with no lights on. I rang a telephone number on the front door window and a man explained how to access our room key. We had to enter our details into a machine to the right of the door and the key fell, rather like a drinks dispensing machine. We then had to walk alone an ill lit path to a fire exit door to gain access to the hotel, take a lift to the fourth floor - why so inconvenient? We were one of two families in the entire place it seemed to us? There was an unpleasant smell along the corridor. The room was atrocious. Electricity sockets wobbled in the makeshift wall that separated our children's beds from ours. The tiling in the bathroom I could have done better. They had the audacity to warn us that if we stole any linen or towels our credit cards would be automatically charged. I didn't want to touch anything let alone steal anything! The linen was fresh at least although the blankets ontop of my children's beds didn't look like they had been laundered recently. My husband suggested we try another hotel but we were really tired so we put up with it and slept surprisingly well, leaving as quickly as we could in the morning. My husband saw one member of staff in the morning; I saw not another human being. NEVER go there!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Indiana
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I stayed here 3 nights while visitng my daughter who was a teaching assistant in Macon. It was a nice basic room, friendly staff who speak very little English.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank popsIndiana
Travellers also viewed these Macon hotels
Kyriad Macon Nord - Sance - Parc Des Expositions
Hotel de Bourgogne
Hotel de Bourgogne
#13 of 30 in Macon
ibis Styles Macon Centre

Been to Escatel Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Escatel Hotel

Property: Escatel Hotel
Address: 4 rue de la Liberte, 71000, Macon, France
Region: France > Bourgogne-Franche-Comte > Saone-et-Loire > Macon
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Macon
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:1 star — Escatel Hotel 1*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Escatel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.