“Quality stop over”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Vierzon
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Quality stop over”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have stayed at Vierzon several times now on our way to Caen for the ferry back to uk and have never been disappointed . The room is spacious with lots of overnight space for bags etc.Also kettle with tea / hot drink making facilities in the room, we always carry tea /coffee with us.Bathroom is spacious, so nice not to be in a cubicle tiny arrea. a big plus is the Carrefour supermarket a couple of minutes up the road for off motorway fuel top ups

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Belvedere, London
Reviewed 27 March 2014

hotel is very clean. I did not get what I had asked for in my reservation. I asked for first floor and got ground floor. This is the first time this has happened in many years staying at your chain of hotels. The bathroom door was broken and did not shut properly, you had to bang the door which woke us up when shut in the night. I did not like the wet room, bathroom please next time.

Room Tip: please get the door fixed into the toilet/wet room, it was broken and you had to pull it very hard t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Richard P
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Right at the junction of the A20 and the A71. Perfect for an overnight stop between Paris and the Southwest if, like me, you'd rather have time for a few exploratory stops and not spend all day on the autoroute.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Villepot
Reviewed 1 October 2013

In common with some other reviewers, I feel that Campanile as a brand has lost the edge that it once had as a hotel chain.

At 75 euros for a room - breakfast extra - it could hardly be described as cheap and for that you are buying a bog-standard boxy little room. It does have free wifi - but so do most of the really cheap chain hotels.

It also offers tea/coffee making however I'm sure a biscuit or two used to be provided - but no more! Having arrived after five hours on the road the first thing we wanted on arrival in our room was a cup of tea. Lo! Just one tea bag of normal tea. Madame trotted off to secure another tea bag and preferably two more for an early morning cuppa. A few moments later she was back sans tea bags having been told with no concession to her limited French that another one was not possible.

Thirsty driver (me) decides this is not on, so off I went to reception, with my slightly better French, requesting at least one tea bag only to be told somewhat rudely that I could not have another. The chap then proceeded to tell me that two tea bags are placed in the rooms by the cleaning staff every day. I pointed out that this was not the case when we arrived ten minutes ago. After a further discussion during which the chap implied that I was trying to secure more than my allotted supply, he grudging gave me one tea bag! An attitude that does absolutely nothing for good customer relations.

The restaurant was also rather poorer than Campanile used to be. The buffet of entrees was very limited although the dessert selection was reasonable. Our white wine came to the table on the warm side of cool, although an ice bag was forthcoming when requested. Breakfast was adequate but so it should be at a few cents under 10 euros.

Until this visit we usually sought out a Campanile when needing a stop-over - I don't think we'll bother in future and save ourselves 30 euros or so by staying elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
marten0901, Directeur général at Campanile Vierzon, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you for this comment very usefull for me as a manager to explain my staff that i totaly agree to acceed demands such yours in the aim of a good customer service .

Obiviously you are allowed to ask for an extra tea bag or two if you doesn't like coffe at your disposal in the bedroom, even if 1 or 2 tea bags is not enough for you.

Customer satisfaction is our priority, that's why since septembre i change a part of my desk staff to reach a better welcome quality and to set a friendly, warm and welcoming environement for all our guests.

I also planned english lessons for all my desk and restaurant staff that is really needed.

I hope all this new measures will help to improve our value and give you entire satisfaction for your next stay in our hotel.

Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Vierzon hotels

east anglia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Our modernised room was comfortable and ok, but the restaurant...! On check in we were told they were full serving dinner to residents and they suggested we walked to the nearby Buffalo Grill (here food and service were good). In the morning breakfast was poor. The food had not been replenished and there were no croissants. There were no bowls for cereal and I asked for one I was told "there aren't any left"! so my husband put his cereal in a coffee cup! We were very disappointed and hoped we had just been unlucky with this poorly run hotel. Little did we know - see Campanile Senlis!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sussex
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Where have all the Campaniles gone that we used to know ? Some time ago, the chain Campanile was bought by an american firm which has revamped the hotel rooms and their restaurants into an "american style"... The decor is now so synthetic - Gone are the countryside straw chairs and checked pattern tablecloths giving the restaurants a homely atmosphere - eveything is in melamine and jazzy. The rooms are clean with bright green cushions and bright green open wardrobes - the bathrooms have been somewhat updated but our shower bath was uninviting...Despite the make over Campanile remain a 2-star hotel with small rooms and a passage way right outside your front door. Difficult to open your window if you want some privacy.The sound proofing is not good. The rooms on the ground floor are dark. Those in the upper floor are accessible via a narrow winding outside staircase which is awkward to use if you are carrying a big suitcase. On the day we stayed, the food in the restaurant was very disappointing and they has run out of basic food such as bread and cheese. It is not cheap either! This can only be a stop over late in the day if you cannot find anything else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear customer,

Thank you for your very complete opinion on our hotel.

I regret that our refurbishment with a brand new concept didn't seduce you.
A large range of our customer really prefer this kind of modern furnitures and decoration.

I read that we run short on bread and cheese during your stay. I appologize about that, we now thake a special care on our ordering to avoid any shortage of food.

About our restaurant i just would like to let you know that we improved strongly the quality of our menu with four "today special dishes" cooked at home. I hope you'll have the pleasure to discover our new tasty cook at your next stay in our hotel.

Best regards.

General manager.
Europe
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel is one of the newer type of this chain and so the rooms are clean, relatively comfortable etc.

However I could not get a table in the restaurant until 9.15pm and then the staff were so laid back they nearly fell over. The problem seems to be that, this being a Saturday, about a third of the tables were occupied by non-residents. I find it unacceptable that paying guests do not take priority. In any case the meal was not worth waiting for. I had the menu de jour which was Toulouse sausage and frites. 'Fine I thought... except it was just that - one dry sausage and some frites, a complete and utter joke.
I use Campaniles a lot en route to my property in SW France, and this is by far the worst food and restaurant service ever encountered in 10 years.

In summary the the hotel is fine but just avoid dinner.

In future I will stick with the Campanile Chartes which is similarly modern but actually has a functioning restaurant...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vierzon
Kyriad Design Enzo Vierzon
#3 of 8 in Vierzon
Hotel Novotel Bourges
Hotel Novotel Bourges
#9 of 19 in Bourges

Been to Campanile Vierzon? Share your experiences!